Location of image file

vbimport

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but it’s been a long day.
how do you change the location of the image file for CD copying?
I want to move it to another logical drive.

doesn’t it give you that option when you’re proceeding to backup a disc?

yep, u should be able to select an “Image Location” as long as u’re not copying on the fly.

Nope, it only lets you name a folder.
Near as I can tell from the “manual”, it only lets you set this at install.

NO! Look a bit closer! Here’s a quick refresher for you.

1. After starting Alcohol and inserting your CD that you wish to backup, click on “Image Making Wizard”.

2. After choosing the CD/DVD Device, Read Speed, Datatype, click next.

3. Where it says “Image Location”, right under that is a window (like Explorer) to browse where you would like to create the image. You can create a new folder wherever you like, using the “New Folder” button.

4. Below this, you can also change the “Image Name” if you really need to for some reason, but the default name works fine.

5. To the right, select your prefered “Image Format” (I leave this at the default Media Descriptor File mds) and click “Start”.

And thus concludes the basic Alcohol Image Making Process lesson 1.1 :smiley:

And thus concludes the basic Alcohol Image Making Process lesson 1.1

Unfortunately, you are mistaken. this only allows you to create a new folder, not a new location.

I just figured this out, sorry for the dumbness.

from the user manual:

Notice: Here you can define where the to-be-created image file (*.mds) is going to be saved on the HDD. Click on “New Folder” to create a new folder on the HDD. Alcohol 120% will memorize the folder for the next time you create another image file.

Hint: If this is the first time you use Alcohol 120%/Alcohol 52%, create a new folder on your local drive for Alcohol 120%/Alcohol 52% Image Files, for example “Alcohol 120%/Alcohol 52% Images”. Assign useful names to your Image Files, so that you will be able to tell the difference at a later point in time and it will be easier to find the Image files that Alcohol 120%/Alcohol 52% created. Remember not to keep too many Image Files, the space on your local drive is limited…

are you using the latest version of alcohol? i just tested this again and it worked perfectly.

edit - sorry, i missed your last post for some reason. the user manual has just been updated so i wasn’t sure these instructions were included. if you’re like me you like an option page for defining file locations so you know where they will always be. sometimes with other applications i will choose a different location knowing the default i set will be there again next time. i’ll mention this option as a possible improvement.

i’ll mention this option as a possible improvement.

Yep, options for temp and image file locations would be nice.

rdgrimes

Unfortunately, you are mistaken. this only allows you to create a new folder, not a new location.

I just figured this out, sorry for the dumbness

No problem man, at least now you’ve got it figured out. Let the burning begin! :wink: