Loader error

vbimport

After downloading and installing the latest version of Fab 7.0.9.0, I now get the following pop up: The Procedure entry point get addrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll. The same pop up as well for Dvd Fab Passkey.:frowning:

[QUOTE=Redking1;2535297]After downloading and installing the latest version of Fab 7.0.9.0, I now get the following pop up: The Procedure entry point get addrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll. The same pop up as well for Dvd Fab Passkey.:([/QUOTE]

Hello my friend been a while since I’ve seen you post in this section, nice to see you again…

Have not seen this issue before, I know you have been using DVDFab for a long time now but can’t remember if your using the free version or the paid version :confused:

Please try doing a “Clean uninstall” using the guide below and re-install to see if it helps, and make sure you download a new installer(Not the one you have downloaded already)

Hi SJ, I am using the free version of Fab. I did the clean uninstall as per your instructions. Still getting the error pop up, and needless to say, Fab will not open at all. Should I just fall back to the previous version?

[QUOTE=Redking1;2535320]Hi SJ, I am using the free version of Fab. I did the clean uninstall as per your instructions. Still getting the error pop up, and needless to say, Fab will not open at all. Should I just fall back to the previous version?[/QUOTE]

You can try going back to a previous version to see if you still receive the message, may I ask what operating system you are running also which firewall and anti-virus do you use ?

Hi SJ, I am using Win 2000 Professional, Clamwin Antivirus, firewall built into AT & T internet service. I will dl the last version of Fab and see what happens. I might add that this issue I am having began with downloading the new version of Fab.

No good, still getting the same error. There is also an issue with the pcoffin driver.:eek:

Have you tried reinstalling the new version? I had this problem a while back and reinstalling corrected it.

[QUOTE=Redking1;2535328]Hi SJ, I am using Win 2000 Professional, Clamwin Antivirus, firewall built into AT & T internet service. I will dl the last version of Fab and see what happens. I might add that this issue I am having began with downloading the new version of Fab.[/QUOTE]
OK thanks for the info on your system :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Redking1;2535334]No good, still getting the same error. There is also an issue with the pcoffin driver.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Since you stated it started with the latest…(v7090) download leads me to believe the installer you downloaded got corrupt during the download, when you did the clean uninstall are you sure you removed all entries in the registry that is given in the guide ? also did you also re-download a fresh(new) install package from here-> http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-7-0-9-0-out-july-30-2010-a-314474/

as far as the older version not working now it could be that if you used the same installer that started this issue may have re-installed the corrupt file and a clean un-install is needed before you re-install the older version…

Are you sure you removed all entries of DVDFab in the registry ?, the guides don’t include Win 2000 so there may be other entries in the registry that is not outlined in the guides so you may have to manually search. :confused:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2535380]OK thanks for the info on your system :slight_smile:

Since you stated it started with the latest…(v7090) download leads me to believe the installer you downloaded got corrupt during the download, when you did the clean uninstall are you sure you removed all entries in the registry that is given in the guide ? also did you also re-download a fresh(new) install package from here-> http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-7-0-9-0-out-july-30-2010-a-314474/

as far as the older version not working now it could be that if you used the same installer that started this issue may have re-installed the corrupt file and a clean un-install is needed before you re-install the older version…

Are you sure you removed all entries of DVDFab in the registry ?, the guides don’t include Win 2000 so there may be other entries in the registry that is not outlined in the guides so you may have to manually search. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi SJ, I installed Fab 5.2.5.0 with no problems. It is old however. I did a thorough search for old registry entries when removing 7.0.9.0 and removed them all. I am wondering what exactly this entry that can’t be found/or failed to load is: getaddrinfo. Just tried installing 7.0.9.0 as I am typing this and getting the same error popup, so I am back to square one. :eek:

[QUOTE=Redking1;2535402]Hi SJ, I installed Fab 5.2.5.0 with no problems. It is old however. I did a thorough search for old registry entries when removing 7.0.9.0 and removed them all. I am wondering what exactly this entry that can’t be found/or failed to load is: getaddrinfo. Just tried installing 7.0.9.0 as I am typing this and getting the same error popup, so I am back to square one. :eek:[/QUOTE]

What version was you using prior to updating to v7090 ? also do you have the installer for any other versions like 7080 ? another thing you may want to try is install v7090 and during the install you are given the option to either install the VSO software(pcouffin driver) or not… un-check the box so it will not install to see if that is the cause of your issue.

Hello again SJ. I was using the last Beta version of Fab prior to this error with 7.0.9.0. I tried installing it and got the same error as with the newer version. I have downloaded the new version again and will install with the Install VSO Buring Engine box unticked. OK, just tied that and I still have the same error. Now I’ll uninstall and remove all registry entries. :frowning:

Ran a complete virus and malware scan and it found nothing wrong. If I didn’t mention this before, this is the first major issue I have had with Fab. Maybe Fentago may have a solution.:frowning:

[QUOTE=Redking1;2535476]Ran a complete virus and malware scan and it found nothing wrong. If I didn’t mention this before, this is the first major issue I have had with Fab. Maybe Fentago may have a solution.:([/QUOTE]

Are you sure you removed all entries of DVDFab from the registry and the hidden folders when you did a clean uninstall ? plus the PCouffin driver from “Device Manager”

Hi SJ, yes I did, I even have a program called Revo uninstaller. There is a problem with the pcouffin driver not being installed correctly since I get an error about it failing to install correctly because it is not digitally signed.
At this point, I don’t have a answer to this issue. :confused:

[QUOTE=Redking1;2535589]Hi SJ, yes I did, I even have a program called Revo uninstaller. There is a problem with the pcouffin driver not being installed correctly since I get an error about it failing to install correctly because it is not digitally signed.
At this point, I don’t have a answer to this issue. :confused:[/QUOTE]

There are many users/members who have issues with the PCouffin driver, the solution is during the install when you are given the option to install the VSO software [B]UN[/B]-check the box next to it [B]so it is not[/B] installed.

The set DVDFab to use ImgBurn as the burn engine which is more reliable then the PCouffin, there is a guide below on how to set doth up…

If you don’t have ImgBurn installed you can download it at imgburn.com it is freeware :cool:

I always use Imgburn to burn/back-up dvds. Never have used Fab for burning. I did try and install without installing the VSO burning engine and still got the same error. Prior to 7.0.9.0 and the beta version before it, I never had an issue with Fab. Oddly enough, my sister has the same issue with 7.0.9.0 on her computer (Win XP) but in her case she reverted to a previous version of Fab and it works fine for her but not for me. I think that it’s either a pcouffin issue or a programming error with Fab. I still have Fab 5.2.5.0 I can use plus RipIt4Me.

I pulled out my backup and copied Fab 7.0.2.1 to my program files and it seems to work fine. I still have that [I]other[/I] ripper I can use, but that doesn’t solve my original Fab issue.

Regarding the issue I am having, I am starting with older versions of Fab and working my way through them to see which version will give the the popup error. I just tried Fab version 7.0.4.0 and it installed perfectly with no popup. I will try the next version and report my findings.

Read this atricle from Microsoft, the WS2_32.DLL was not present in Windows 2000. You might find a fix but I didn’t see an easy one?

Maybe I should be more clear, the function that causes the error is not present in the DLL in W2K.

[QUOTE=90312;2537040]Read this atricle from Microsoft, the WS2_32.DLL was not present in Windows 2000. You might find a fix but I didn’t see an easy one?

Maybe I should be more clear, the function that causes the error is not present in the DLL in W2K.[/QUOTE]

I must admit it was a shock to see the error after all the time I have used Fab. Since my system hasn’t changed, Fab must have changed somehow/someway. My new problem is with Fab[I] not[/I] opening at all.