Live Free Or Die Hard - Titles PG-13

I just bought the version of Live Free Or Die Hard that includes both PG-13 and Unrated versions. I’d like to backup each version separately. On the disc, Track 1 is 2:08:31 and Track 2 is 2:08:25. Does anyone know which track is the rated PG-13 version, and which one is the Unrated version? Or, how can I find out?

Thanks for your help!

I think that title 2 is the unrated one because it is a few mb larger that title 1.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;1935946]I think that title 2 is the unrated one because it is a few mb larger that title 1.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Except that it’s the other way round. :slight_smile:

Title 1 is longer, albeit by just a few seconds, so it’s probably the unrated version.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Title 1 is the theatrical version and Title 2 is the unrated version

Rip each one to the hard drive and look.

I watched my player software and it went to Title 2 for Unrated and Title 1 for Theatrical. The Unrated was the one that showed a few seconds shorter! (Still haven’t had a chance to actually watch the movie though.)

play one version in windvd or wmp and check the end time. and the unrated one is the one with the least amount of time. i just remembered i backed that movie up already.

The time is totally irrelevant.

dentman42’s method is the correct way to determine this.

Regards

ok so my method was wrong because i said windvd or wmd and he said player software? im challenging that one. plus he based his findings on time as well which makes time totally relevant. i believe we have a few more winners than than dentman42 here.

Challenge all you like. It matters not a bit what player you put it in - a standalone will do (so long as it displays the title number). Just run thru the menu and see which one it plays.

Even a trace in PgcEdit will do.

Anyways, safety in numbers. jm1647 and dentman42 agree.

Regards

The default play title is Title #1, which is PG13. You have to go through the Menu to play the unrated version.

Just to follow up, I went ahead and used CloneDVD2 to create a title 1 copy and a title 2 copy. The title 1 copy plays the movie when you click on “Unrated” and goes right back to the menu when you click PG13 The Title 2 copy plays when you click PG13 and returns to the menu when you click unrated.

@Pythonis: I did NOT base my method on time. I just noted that based on the correct method, the unrated was actually the one that displayed the shorter runtime. Re-read my post and you’ll see I checked the title that the player played when I selected each version.

Now for a better question…who has actually watched both and what is added in the unrated version (is anything in the rated that’s not in the unrated)?

(Now for a better question…who has actually watched both and what is added in the unrated version (is anything in the rated that’s not in the unrated)?)

ummm…we’re supposed to WATCH the movies?

[QUOTE=pythonis;1968345](Now for a better question…who has actually watched both and what is added in the unrated version (is anything in the rated that’s not in the unrated)?)

ummm…we’re supposed to WATCH the movies?[/QUOTE]

This is the site I normally use although it’s not quite as enlightening as it normally is for this particular title.

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=11852

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=pythonis;1968345](Now for a better question…who has actually watched both and what is added in the unrated version (is anything in the rated that’s not in the unrated)?)

ummm…we’re supposed to WATCH the movies?[/QUOTE]

Well, i usually both watch and listen to the movie.
To each their own.
What do you do?? :bigsmile: