Little QLittle quirk in AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 and Shoot Em Up?

I just went to look at my DVD of Shoot Em Up ( I’m a sucker for mayhem), and I found a little weirdness. When I looked at the disc with an older version of AnyDVD, 6.1. or so, I saw the movie, the extras, and the previews. When I looked at the same DVD with 6.3.0.3. I only saw the main movie and the previews. When I refer to “looking” I mean the different chapters shown in CloneDVD after you hit the first button. Am I missing a setting somewhere or is the DVD doing something weird and this is how AnyDVD gets around it? The version is region 1.

Nothing urgent, just curious.

chas0039 AnyDVD 6.3.0.6 beta is out. Have you tried it yet?

I did a little more looking and I have found that this disc has multiple files (VOB) with the same name. I am guessing that this is what is causing the problem.

I’ll try and find the newer beta version and see what happens.

Chas0039 use AnyDVD 6.3.0.6 beta and go into settings ant tick remove adverts and jump to the title menu, or B. use 6.3.0.3 Set the AI scanner to “deep scan” (click red fox icon–>Navigate to “Video DVD” then select “Settings” underneath–>on the right select “Deep scan” under “AI Scanner”). Click “ok”. Most prefer B.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;1969957]Chas0039 use AnyDVD 6.3.0.6 beta and go into settings ant tick remove adverts and jump to the title menu, or B. use 6.3.0.3 Set the AI scanner to “deep scan” (click red fox icon–>Navigate to “Video DVD” then select “Settings” underneath–>on the right select “Deep scan” under “AI Scanner”). Click “ok”. Most prefer B.[/QUOTE]

I tried 6303 and 6306 using option B and it will not see the dvd.

[QUOTE=Hitech;1970010]I tried 6303 and 6306 using option B and it will not see the dvd.[/QUOTE]

I tried using deep scan option and while copying to hard drive, it fails on vob files plus I get an AI scanner failed error. Do you havew any other ideas? I would appreciate them

The latest intel on this title is to go back to version 6.3.0.1 and use the default (thorough) setting for AI scanner. Most people need to use the AnyDVD Rip to hard disk option.

[QUOTE=HAMsmoke;1970060]The latest intel on this title is to go back to version 6.3.0.1 and use the default (thorough) setting for AI scanner. Most people need to use the AnyDVD Rip to hard disk option.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info…I’ll give it a try.

[QUOTE=HAMsmoke;1970060]The latest intel on this title is to go back to version 6.3.0.1 and use the default (thorough) setting for AI scanner. Most people need to use the AnyDVD Rip to hard disk option.[/QUOTE]

This version does not work either. It will not see the disc.

Follow these instructions with the latest Final Version 6.3.0.3

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.0.3: click [U]http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe[/U]

2. Set the AI scanner to “deep scan” (click red fox icon–>Navigate to “Video DVD” then select “Settings” underneath–>on the right select “Deep scan” under “AI Scanner”). Click “ok”.

3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Select “rip video-dvd to harddisk”.

4. Use whatever program you want on that rip.:wink:

Thanks alan. I figured it was some settings with the newer AI settings I had yet to figure out.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1970138]Follow these instructions with the latest Final Version 6.3.0.3

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.0.3: click [U]http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe[/U]

2. Set the AI scanner to “deep scan” (click red fox icon–>Navigate to “Video DVD” then select “Settings” underneath–>on the right select “Deep scan” under “AI Scanner”). Click “ok”.

3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Select “rip video-dvd to harddisk”.

4. Use whatever program you want on that rip.;)[/QUOTE]

Tried this with many versions, plus the new betas and it will not see the disc.

Try this version of Anydvd Beta 6.3.0.7
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6307.exe

6.3.0.7 2008 01 10

• Happy new year!
  • New (DVD): Improved performance of the AI scanner.
  • Fix (DVD): Problems with “Shoot 'Em Up”, R1, US
  • Updated languages

see if this helps

worked for me.:smiley:

Now you can try this one
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6308.exe