Software Version

December 16, 2005
                                                 BHA_VER.09

Driver Software
    meiudf.sys                               - Ver 4.0.8.0
Format Software(DVDForm)                     - Ver 4.2.2.0
Write Protect Tool(WPTool)                   - Ver 1.1.6.0
RAM Assistance Tool(RAMASST)                 - Ver 1.1.0.0

when I try to format (either quick or full) a dvdram disc, I get this error. see attached pic. The disc does work fine afterward, though the error message’s a bit annoying. I didn’t get this with my previous LG H20L. Any ideas?

btw, i have Panasonic 3x and 5x media.

Hi,

this should have been posted in the Liteon section :slight_smile:

There seem to some issues with Panasonic’s DVD-RAM driver and this Liteon drive. I was never been able to get the DVD-RAM functionality working with my USB connected Sony DW-G120A on W2kSP4. It seemed to work with XP, but I haven’t tried to format a disc there.

Michael

• Thread moved from BenQ/Philips to Lite-On/Sony Forum * *

Probably not related to the driver. The LiteOn is not a reliable RAM burner in my experience.

I have LiteOn SHM-165P6S connected to GL811 too and receive same error in Win2k SP4.

It seemed to work with XP, but I haven’t tried to format a disc there.

I’ve tried to format Verbatim DVD-RAM 3x on another machine with Windows XP SP1 and SHM-165P6S connected to chipset’s IDE controller. I’ve got same error on that machine.

The Panasonic driver does not support LiteOn burners in Win2k unless you mod the driver to see the burner. There’s another work-around as well. WinXP does not have this limitation. Although the OP does not mention Win2K in his post.

Doesn’t work here. Get I/O error when trying to write on the disc. No success with GL811, Cypress AT2 and Myson Century USB/IDE bridges. I admit, I haven’t tried the drive internally.

There’s another work-around as well.
This one http://www.bhacorp.com/support/faq_dvdram/01.html#2 here. Doesn’t work, too. :frowning:

WinXP does not have this limitation.
As XP has native support for DVD-RAM. The Panasonic drivers only add UDF file system support.
Although the OP does not mention Win2K in his post.
That was me, who mentioned W2k :wink: I think, Liteon still has to learn, how to handle DVD-RAM :bigsmile:
The funny thing: Panasonic drivers and Liteon/Sony do work on Win98SE :smiley:

Michael

The Panasonic driver works normally here in Win2K with the LiteOn drive. At least it did till the drive died. Problems with the driver and USB connected drives probably shouldn’t be blamed on the driver, as it was never designed for that as far as I know, and there’s a bunch of potentially conflicting things that could cause that.

So I’ll repeat, I don’t think that the combination of the Panasonic driver and a LiteOn burner is in itself a source of problems. They work fine together in any OS.

Hi,

To sort out driver issues, I also connected a LG 4167 via USB, and that worked without problems here. So I think, there is no basic problem with the driver and USB connected drives.

Michael

thanks all,

I’ve running WinXP Pro SP2 and the driver has no problem detecting the 165P6S. I’ve tried multiple versions of the Panasonic driver, but without success.

I’ve removed pxhelp20.sys, msconfig’ed out every single thing, and the dvdram driver still chokes on me. I get “Delay Write failed” and atapi errors in Event Viewer.

I’ll probably get down to RMA’ing a spare LG drive i’ve lying around and use that instead. Thanks all.

Hi,

you might also check (and replace) the cables, as the errors you mentioned are probably interface related.

Michael

I get “Delay Write failed” and atapi errors in Event Viewer.

This is pointing somewhere else, not the driver. There’s a host of known issues causing delayed write errors, suggest doing a search on that. It’s possible it’s the burner, but replacing it may not fix anything.