LiteOn's Christmas Present (New Firmware)

Thanks to QuiCo and 2channeler for the heads up on this. :slight_smile:

It would seem that LiteOn has given us a nice Christmas present, with firmware for:
SHW-160P6S: PS05
SHM-165P6S: MS0C
SHW-1635S: YS0V
SOHW-1653S: CS0T
SOHW-1633S: BS0Y
SOHW-1213S: TS0J
SOHW-832S: VS0M

I wonder what happened to the 1693S. :confused:

Anyway, a big thanks to LiteOn for this. :slight_smile:

Now who can tell me if CS0T fixes the 12x and 16x read speed bug, as I won’t have access to my 1653S drive for some time?

Happy Christmas at all! :smiley:

Eheheh COdeKing, me and you at the same time! :wink:
Please, close my Thread.
Happy Christmas!

If this is a present, I think someone sh*t in my stocking… :wink: My 832S now gives me the gift of newfound POF’s and double the PIF’s on discs it used to just burn with stinky quality. It does burn some almost a minute faster though, so you can throw the disc into the garbage that much more quickly.

1633 BS0Y :clap:
I might give a try to that one with my retired 1633@1653.
BS0S was very good at burning CDs, so if it kept this CDs burning quality and improved the DVDs burning quality, this drive might found a place back into my computer. At least it doesn’t have the read bug CS0P has!!!
I would love to be wrong but I am almost sure they haven’t fixed the read bug in CS0T :rolleyes:

i’m impressed that they really released a new 1633s firmware. they needed one year, but that’s better than nothing. i think the read bug is still present in CS0T, they won’t fix it because it’s no bug for them when using an unpatched firmware.

@C0deKing
will you release CG5M for the 832s fans? i don’t have a 2s drive, but i’m sure the owners of one would be happy.

Hehe yeah. I merged the two threads but my post was 1 minute before yours. :wink:

Merry Christmas to you as well and to everyone else in the LiteOn forum. :slight_smile:

:iagree: Yeah, I’m planning to plug my 832 into my main pc during the holidays…
It would be nice… :stuck_out_tongue:

ET

I’m impressed as well. I have to admit that I thought BS0S would be the last for the 1633S.

I’ll definitely do a CG5M but I’m going to be quite busy for the next few weeks. I never created a patcher for the CG firmware, always thinking it would be the last, so I have to do it manually. I’ll have to see how different the two firmwares are. :wink:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Me too. Maybe the 1693S is still that good that there is no need for a new firmware :stuck_out_tongue:

Merry X-Mas and happy holidays

Strange that 16H5 don’t have LS0V as it was with previous 1635/16H5 updates.

C0deKing
Is there any news on checksum?

832S says support new media, its still the same amount as VS0J :rolleyes:

Actually there is new firmwares for:

DVD-ROM
SOHD-16P9S: FS0D

COMBO
SOHC-5236V R$0C

All dated 2005/12/23

Want to try CS0T, but Omnipatcher 2.4.2 doesn´t support it.

When I click the 2.5, it want to download 2.4.2?

Good to know that Liteon carries on supporting the older models. It is a good indication that after-sales services means something to them, and this is something that not many compamnies can boast about…

Best wishes to all forum members for good & safe Christmas, and happy burning!

this is has been discussed many times, use 2.4.2 until codeguys releases a fixed new version

omnipatcher 2.4.2 wont open the firmware csot at the moment its still scrambled…
so u will ave to wait until the codeguy’s :bow: have time to release a unscrambled version that omni can use or just flash it as it is
heres a few scan’s of csot media burnt@ 8x

Hi C0deKing.

Can you please post a descrambled version of latest firmware of 16P9S drive? I tryied to load it in omnipatcher but I wasn’t able because official firmware is scrambled.

Many thanks

Coundn’t you load the firmware in your drive normally and then extract it to a .bin file using LtnFW then use omnipatcher on the .bin file, then flash the new “omnipatched” .bin file to your drive using LtnFW?

Sorry, :o I didn’t knew this procedure.

I’ll read more about LtnFW

Thanks for suggestion :slight_smile: