Liteonit Release new firmware TS0C for SOHW-1213s

Plz refer the link

http://www.liteonit.com.tw/ODD/WebFW/SOHW-1213S/DR12TS0C.zip

Thanks for the heads-up. :slight_smile:

[ul][li]Timestamp: 2004/07/16 19:37
[/li][li]What’s new? Official statement is the usual “match more media,” but no new media is matched in this firmware, which leads me to believe that the most accurate changelog would actually be “better write quality.” Though I haven’t had a chance to test this out yet.
[/li][li]Strat switching: Strat switching is not working for TS0C and OP-1.3.8. This is because TS0C is (correctly) triggering a safety mechanism in OP that prevents mispatches. OP-1.3.9, which should be released today or tomorrow will address TS0C’s special case.
[/li][*]Unscrambled version: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares/stock/1213S.TS0C.stock.rar[/ul]

Thanks for the info!!! I hope this is a better improvement than TS09. Maybe close to the “TS0D” refered to here.

G

Hehe. Let’s hope so. Looking forward to seeing people’s results. I’d do some tests myself, but I’ve been very busy this week with things IRL, so I can’t do much with this. :sad:

(in case readers get confused and want to start asking for a TS0D, there is no TS0D that we know of… rdg’s month-old post referenced above used a made-up speculative firmware name)

I found TS0C can support MCC003 to 16X ? why?
And from the Liteonit’s changlog, Match more media,
but TS0C still can’t support Philips C16.

[B]Hi Code64K,
Attached are two burns (#1 = MCC003, #2 = RicohJPNR02). I recall you stating in a different thread “Make Sure You Can Burn 8X”…

From the attached, Do you think the Firmware is defective or do I need a replacement drive ???

Thanks in Advance for your advice !!![/B]

[quote=“code65536”]
Thanks for the heads-up. :slight_smile:

[ul][li]Timestamp: 2004/07/16 19:37
[/li][li]What’s new? Official statement is the usual “match more media,” but no new media is matched in this firmware, which leads me to believe that the most accurate changelog would actually be “better write quality.” Though I haven’t had a chance to test this out yet.
[/li][li]Strat switching: Strat switching is not working for TS0C and OP-1.3.8. This is because TS0C is (correctly) triggering a safety mechanism in OP that prevents mispatches. OP-1.3.9, which should be released today or tomorrow will address TS0C’s special case.
[/li][li]Unscrambled version: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares/stock/1213S.TS0C.stock.rar[/ul][/li][/quote]

Thanks, CodeGod! :slight_smile:

I think I said that ;). But Code64K might have said it as well.

This looks more like the shift to 12x is going wrong. Both of these media types are rated at 12x in the TS0C firmware, so I’m surprised it’s doing this. I’d say it’s a firmware issue. We’ll have to wait and see what result others have. What does the KP scan, up to the point where it goes wrong, look like?

[B]Hi C0deKing,
Can’t give you the SCANS - trashed the DVDs. I did POST some RicohJPNR01 burned @ 12X in another thread with TS09. The disc play file in all PCs and three standalone players. The SCANS #s went up after the upshift to 12X.

I also think it’s a Firmware issue. The 1213S worked OK before TS0C.[/B]

Looks like you may have BUS issue with writing. Seems your drive is having issues trying to write at 12x so it slows down. Is your device buffer fluctuating? Look to make sure your drive is in DMA mode.

Looks to me like more of a case of continued releases of non-functioning firmware by LiteOn. My guess is that beach-hobo has a drive that is a bit less able to handle the MCC003, or that his batch of MCC003 is just a little worse than most.

Anyway, MCC003 (Taiwan) data disc:

And now for the bad news:

I also scanned the disc with a different “custom” firmware, and the results were not much different.

Hmm, My burn is no where near as bad, Grimes. It is nothing to write home about, but it’s a good readable burn. Burned at 12x YUDEN T02. Time about 7 min. using omnipatcher just for autobitsetting.

I’m not sure what a T02 burn has to do with a MCC003 burn. :confused:

Well first, I wasnt comparing it to a MCC003 disk. Which I really think are kind of lower quality disks anyways. I was just showing a acutal good burn with this drive.

This thread is about TSOC.

I am proving the point the this firmware is better than their others. My burn was the first actual acceptable burn I have gotten at 12x with this drive. So, they are improving.

Maybe, with some swapped strategies the MCC003 can even get a half decent burn. But, I agree they still have some work to do on thier firmware.

Here is a MCC003 scan burned at 12x with this firmware. It is of the better quality MCC003 with this media code.

0000 : a1 0f 02 00 00 03 00 00  00 26 05 3f 00 00 00 00   .........&.?....
0010 : 00 00 03 4d 43 43 00 00  00 00 00 30 30 33 00 38   ...MCC.....003.8
0020 : 23 54 37 12 02 42 6e 02  a8 6b 15 15 0b 0b 08 08   #T7..Bn..k......
0030 : 01 19 1b 0c 0c 0c 0d 01  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ................

Still a readable burn. Nothing great though.

I would say - not very impressive results. Seems something is wrong.
OK, we’ve to consider some guys posting overclocked box results which may be way different if the box would be clocked normal. It would be helpful if everyone posting burn results also states their box’s status like ‘box at stock speed’ or ‘overclocked’ - This would help to create a certain prerequisite (standard) we can compare to. Unnecessary to say that scans (burns) done on overclocked systems should be completely disregarded for public comparisons

just my thoughts…

[B]Jamos,
I don’t think this is a BUS issue. I have the drive in an external Firewire case with a Burst Rate of 22MB. This speed should even support 16X.

I had better burns without fall-back with TS09. [/B]

Unnecessary to say that scans (burns) done on overclocked systems should be completely disregarded for public comparisons

I don’t think there’s much support for that statement. Burn quality is unaffected by system specs or FSB speeds.

Since the burner is using an udma mode I am not too sure. I tend to believe that an overclocked mem bus does affect a burn quality (PI/PIF values) - especially talking about DVD burning. However, never have been scientifically into this.

It is flagged in the media table as 16x media, probably because the same data table is used for the 16x drives. It only shows up as 16x in OP because it directly accesses the table. It will not show up as more than 12x in software applications as the firmware masks off the 16x flag.

And from the Liteonit’s changlog, Match more media, but TS0C still can’t support Philips C16.

They haven’t actually added any new media. It probably just has better burn quality with some media. For example the T02 improvement that Jamos has demonstrated. As they supply this media type with the drive, it would be wise that it can at least burn this media :p.