LiteOn writers & Verbatim MCC 004 media

vbimport

I have come to the conclusion that some of the latest LiteOn writers (for example DRW-24B3ST and iHAS122 B) do no particularly like Verbatim MCC 004 media and produce high PIE errors at the beginning of discs regardless of burning speed. Has anyone else observed this?

To exclude media as cause (a bad batch maybe?), did you try to burn these discs with a different drive? If with a NEC (for example) you get the same PIF spikes in the same region, then the disc is culprit.

If you don’t have other drives available, ask a friend to do a couple of burning tests :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2591510]To exclude media as cause (a bad batch maybe?), did you try to burn these discs with a different drive? If with a NEC (for example) you get the same PIF spikes in the same region, then the disc is culprit.

If you don’t have other drives available, ask a friend to do a couple of burning tests :)[/QUOTE]

I did tried burning these discs with a different writer and the results were much better. And having reproduced the same behaviour on two different writers made by LiteOn, I am assuming that this is not a problem with a specific model.

Probably it is a firmware issue then

There is a read speed drop in the disc segment containing PIF spikes when you run a TRT?

I am talking mostly about PIE and not PIF. These as a rule are at the beginning of each disc where the drive does not operate at full speed when running a TRT, but in any case I don’t see a speed drop.

ooops sorry, my mistake :o