LiteOn Won't Recognize Higher Speeds

I have the LiteOn 1693S and have upgraded recently to the latest firmware, KS0A. I was burning successfully after that on 2 different types of media. I use DVD Shrink 3.2 to burn the discs. Yesterday, DVD Shrink stopped recognizing any of the higher speeds for burning. Now, the only options are 1X, 2X, and 2.4X. My media only supports burn speeds of 8X. So of course my discs are going to come out bad. I used to have the 4X, 8X and 16X options but now they are gone. Could I have selected something in the DVD Shrink preferences that made them disappear? The only thing I can think of is yesterday I selected the option to perform a deep analysis before burning to improve quality. After that, I noticed the options for burn speed had disappeared. I have tried uninstalling, then reinstalling DVD Shrink, but that didn’t work.

I have used the EEPROM utility downloaded from this forum to reset learnt media, which didn’t do anything. I tried burning a disc after that at Maximum speed (which was said to be 8X), but it came out with bad sectors. After a couple of reboots, DVD Shrink still only has the low speed options. And I checked Nero and another program I have on my PC – both of them only have the slow speed options.

Any suggestions on how to get my higher speeds back?

Ok, never mind. I flashed the firmware again and now it’s working. I’m embarrassed to have even asked, but at the time I was panicking, as I Have borrowed 20 DVD’s from a friend of mine and have until Friday to burn them.

Just out of curiosity, is there a limit as to how many times you can upgrade the firmware? I’ve done mine twice so far.

yes but i dout youll ever reach it, cant remember the number but its in the hundreds.