LITEON WIZARDS HELP! Liteon 52327s

LITEON 52327S WIZARDS “PLEASE” HELP!! I’m new to the forum and have found this site as the result of “searching” for help…Liteon Costumer service don’t come cheap!! and, I have encountered a problem with a New Liteon 52327S CD/CD-RW burner that I just installed…First, the original CD player was working fine. I just wanted to upgrade to a CD-RW…The installation was easy, and all seems to be working, (haven’t tried a burn yet) but when playing audio CD’s there’s a light popping sound like a bad phonograph needle, and the headphone jack doesn’t work “at all”… ALSO…this is with multipal “GOOD” CD’s, FACTORY RECORDED…I returned it to the store and tried a replacement with the same result…The system is… Pentium II. Windows ME, Approx. 200 MB Ram, 20 GIG hard drive with not much loaded on it…I’m sure that the system is good enough to run the drive…I’m sure I’m overlooking something and thought that surely someone else has encontered a simular problem…Any help would be greatly appreciated…
Thanks…

UPDATE…Well,checked the DMA setting after searching a bit(mensioned in another help area) in the CD Rom/System Devices and it wasn’t selected…This fixed the audio/popping, and the burner is working well, but I still don’t have a working Headphone Jack, and the headphones are in good working order tested to my laptop CD player. Not a big deal since I rarely use the headphones, but would like them to work…any ideas…

Thanks…

Welcome and merry christmas.

You get no output on the headphone jack because you playback digitally which disables the headphone jack. Right click your drive and select properties to change it to analog and your jack will work, but there is very little use in it anyway…