LiteOn - Which is new/best?

vbimport

Hello. It seems like there are several types of Liteons here. Well a few months ago I was looking at new burners, and decided between the LiteOn LH-20A1H and the Pioneer DVR-112D. I picked up the DVR-112D and it has worked all right.

Well, I now think I am ready to replace my old LiteOn 6s with a newer version.

Here is where I need your help. Could anyone tell me which order they were released and which is best? I know of the 20A1H and 20A1P, but I have also seen the DH-20A3H and DH-20A4H I believe.

Thanks.

Latest and current version of the 20A series is the 20A4P/20A4H/20A4S.

[B]P[/B] = Standard IDE version
[B]H [/B]= IDE version with Lightscribe
[B]S[/B] = SATA version

If you want a real Lite-On, go for the A3.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;2020171]Hello. It seems like there are several types of Liteons here. Well a few months ago I was looking at new burners, and decided between the LiteOn LH-20A1H and the Pioneer DVR-112D. I picked up the DVR-112D and it has worked all right.

Well, I now think I am ready to replace my old LiteOn 6s with a newer version.

Here is where I need your help. Could anyone tell me which order they were released and which is best? I know of the 20A1H and 20A1P, but I have also seen the DH-20A3H and DH-20A4H I believe.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I have the 20A1H LL0C version and it has worked flawlessly for my needs in burning and backup up of my movies. I noticed they now have as latest drive is DH-20A4H you might want to give that one a look over. I am considering going for that drive later this year if my budget allows me to. I am looking at the product for the America region though.

[quote=Eiji;2020297]Latest and current version of the 20A series is the 20A4P/20A4H/20A4S.[/quote]Is there really a 20A4S now? Nobody seems to have that model for sale, and I can’t even find any mention of it on the US Lite-On site.

Check pricewatch they seem to have the DH-20A4H there…

So LiteOn went from the 20A1H to the 4H?

The A3 uses a later chipset, whereas the A1 and A4 share the same chipset. Personally I prefer the A3 as it allows greater overclocking (i.e. 8x to 16x and 16x to 20x) and generally better quality when overclocking. However, I recommend that you use the latest test firmware (available in this forum), if you decide to get the A3. :wink:

Had a 20A4H for a few weeks now, been sound as a pound, no failures and no bad writes as you would expect with a quality drive & quality media (verbatim).

[QUOTE=Eiji;2020297]Latest and current version of the 20A series is the 20A4P/20A4H/20A4S.

[B]P[/B] = Standard IDE version
[B]H [/B]= IDE version with Lightscribe
[B]S[/B] = SATA version[/QUOTE]

you forgot one: [B]L[/B] = SATA + LightScribe

and yes, the A3 seems to be the best chioce for a cdfreak :wink:

Go for the A3 because the other models (A1 and A4) have problems to write cd-r :a.

A3 has the same CDR problems.

imo the a3 (i have 2 of them) both do not burn nearly as well as the 203b…as much as people say you cant burn cheap media with the 203b it has burned almost anything i have thrown at it… i have had far to many bad burns with the a3’s… both the 203 and a3 are in the same pc… same burning software. the a3 WILL burn anything i throw at it but at 4x… the sammy will do it at 12x-16x… i really want to like this drive i really do…

Newegg has a LiteOn DH-20A4P-04 for $24 (ship included)

For someone who only burns at 8X and would like to use his LiteOn for scanning/ripping, which is best?

Thanks

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2020882]The A3 uses a later chipset, whereas the A1 and A4 share the same chipset. Personally I prefer the A3 as it allows greater overclocking (i.e. 8x to 16x and 16x to 20x) and generally better quality when overclocking. However, I recommend that you use the latest test firmware (available in this forum), if you decide to get the A3. ;)[/QUOTE]

jw so where did you find the info that the chipset was same for A1 and A4 vs the A3 chipset???