Liteon vs. yamaha writing differneces

vbimport

As some of you may know i had problems when i first got my yamaha crw-f1. It along with my ltr-52246s are my 2 main burners. The problem i had was simple, no matte what i did, i couldn’t produce an audio cd in the yammy wthout producing skips on my portable cd player.

I changed the media, updated firmware, the special audio recording mode, tried all the writing speeds and no luck. So i had the drive rma’d. I got it back, and first thing burned a test audio cd and voila it worked. Few weeks later it acted up again. BUt yet the liteon continously produces perfect audio cds at any speed. So im baffled. I ran checks on the burned cd in nero cd speed and wses and cd speed showed no errors and wses showed very low errors. The cd played fine in everyhting but the only cdplayer i use.

So heres the question. While having to conform to the redbook standard, what differences are there in the way the drives write audio cds? I also noticed that when my friends would sometimes make cds for me, they would be like several minute pauses in between tracks like it couldn’t read it. And i suppose it was just a problem the way the gaps were burned. But why do these drives have differences when they have to conform to the standard. Why do perfectly burned discs work in some cd players and not others?

Why does the liteon perform perfectly while the yamaha doesn’t. And i hope you see the irony in this, yamaha is supposed to be ar superior for audio burning than liteon.

Is it possible that the cds burned by the yamaha are just too perfect for my cdplayer? I kind of doubt it though.

Have you tried a different software program for burning the audio cd? How about different media? Other than that no clue…

yeah, no matter what media of program to burn the same, tried it in 3 different comps too with all different operating systems.

For example, if the “depth” of the lands is not perfect, you may have lower contrast on the disc, which makes reading harder.

Could your CD’s be copy protected? Yamaha WAS superior to Liteon, but the latest Liteon firmware is much improved.

There is no connection between audio protection and the writing process or its result

what speed are you burning at?? maximum?? try lowering the yamaha’s burn speed, unless you already done so.

hint: this thread is primarily to find out why the discs are behaving that way; not how to fix it…

Well if you read my post more carefully you would see that I already tried the writing speeds.

tried all the writing speeds and no luck

As alexnoe said, there is no connection between writing and copy-protection of audio cds. Besides, these are mp3’s, wavs, cd images, everything audio does it. Im stumped.:confused:

Would it be possible to adjust the depth of the pit, what i mean, can i force nero to increase or decrease the laser power?

Would it be possible to … force nero to increase or decrease the laser power?
This is called “VariRec” :stuck_out_tongue:

too bad its a yamaha and not a plextor. It that possible on a yamaha? I kind of doubt it. Crazy idea but maybe i could flash my yamaha to a plextor. About a million to one odds of working though.

I got a YAMAHA CRW-F1 and so far didn’t have any problems relating to audio dics with firmwares 1.0c, 1.0d and 1.0f.
Even a CD written with 44x on a 24x media worked perfectly, even in my portable Discman (which is very picky).

The only problem I had was that the drive rarely ignored the speed setting if below 4x. I traced this to be a problem with Verbatim SuperAzo media (appereantly this media cannot be written slower than 4x on Yamaha - perhaps other - drives).

One way to investigate this problem: Burn the disc with the F1, then do a C1/C2 scan on a friend’s LiteON drive and see if you can find increased errors.

You should also note, that the A-AMQ audio recording function produces excellent quality audio on players that are able to handle it, but on incompatible players it may render the disc unreadable.

I record my own audio discs always 1x if I have the time. They last longer and are better readable by picky devices such as Playstations, Car audio players or old CD-players.

well i guess it doens’t matter now because my cd player is in shambles. To make a long story short it met a brick wall at about 50mph, so it doens’t work anymore.

And no it wasn’t on purpose out of frustration.

Originally posted by alexnoe
This is called “VariRec” :stuck_out_tongue:

VariRec is a just a fancy name to an old trick…