LiteOn vs. LG vs. Asus ? What's best for CCD?

vbimport

Well here the Q.

LiteOn vs. LG vs. Asus ?

What's best on Read and write ?

I know that the LiteOn's ( The 24x, 32x and the 40x that I have heard about ) are good burners ,but they don't
Read CopyProtection like the Key2Audio and CDS 100 / CDS 200 correct , so can the LG do It ? can the LG 24x, 32x ore the 40x read CDS 100 / 200 and Key2Audio Correct and write is correct to ? I have heard that it cut's throu the SD2 2.51.xxx like butter just like the LiteOn's so if it can cut throu CDS100/200 and K2A the I will say the LG CDRW's are better burners the LiteOn's ... and now for the Asus ... are the Asus CDRW's any good ? does they cut throu the SD2 2.51.xxx ( 2.60.xxx ? maby ? ) and the CDS100/200 and K2A ? I have heard that the Asus CDRW's don't copy LibCryt ? anyone know something about that ? if not anyone of the CDRW's above don't copy CDS 100/200, K2A then can anyone tell me good CDR/DVD-ROM that can do this ? the LiteOn's LTD 163/165 ? ore Thosiba 1402 1502 ?

I need a CDRW ore a CD/DVD-rom that CAN read all copyprotections like SD2.51.xxx and the CDS100/200, K2A
( HeHe like you haven't understud that yet :lol )

I know that the LiteOn’s ( The 24x, 32x and the 40x that I have heard about ) are good burners ,but they don’t
Read CopyProtection like the Key2Audio and CDS 100 / CDS 200 correct

“not correct” is not the real term. You can’t read most of these CDs at all…

so can the LG do It

No.

I have heard that it [LG] cut’s throu the SD2 2.51.xxx like butter

That’s said, but not true.

if not anyone of the CDRW’s above don’t copy CDS 100/200, K2A then can anyone tell me good CDR/DVD-ROM that can do this ?

The only reliable reader for Key2Audio and CDS200 are plextors. If think with CDS100, even plextors are likely to fail. Since they don’t manage SD 2.51 as good as LiteOn, you should buy a plextor cd-rom and a liteon writer.

Originally posted by alexnoe

[B]I have heard that it [LG] cut’s throu the SD2 2.51.xxx like butter

That’s said, but not true.[/B]
GLynx, a favoured tester from Canada, confirms the 16x & 32x as 2.51.021 killers. I have the 16x and can confirm this (MOHAA, Renegade & Serious Sam:SE)

hmmm so If I’m realy need to read all these CopyProtections then I need :

• 1 Plextor CD-ROM = UltraPLEX 40 SCSI
  • 1 LiteON CDRW = Any 24x, 32x ore 40x CDRW

and if I like to play DVD … something that I DO …

• 1 LiteON DVD-ROM = LTD-163 ore LTD-165

hmm there’s three 5,25" bay taken already … seems like I have to buy a bigger tower … huh … oh well I’m gona build a new PC soon … Now a need a Bigger Tower … i hope I still can fit all the WatherCooling stuff in the PC … seems like the tower is gona be LOADED with stuff now :lol

ANyone know if the Plextor’s new Combo ( DVD and CDRW ) is any good ? anyone with some new if it can read SD2 +++

Check out the Lian Li PC-70 :wink:

Originally posted by FutureProof
Check out the Lian Li PC-70 :wink:

For a Tower … hehe … no thanx … I don’t have the $$ … I’ll go for a Chieftec Dragon Aluminium Tower Silver
Kab. w/340W AX-01SL-D P4 / AMD … ,but I think that I’ll change the PSU to a enermax EG465AXVEFMA 431watt … 33A in 12v … that should hold the Peltier / Tec that I plan to cool the CPU … a 226watt Peltier/TEC that sucks 24A at 12v :slight_smile: and the ChiefTec Tower have the 4 5.25" bay that I need , but I could get some troubel with the watercooling like the Pumps and the radiators … maby I have to put it on top is the tower :slight_smile: … I’ll find a solution … just you give me some time

Do you have a Link to a Picture to that LianLi ? I just wana see how it looks :slight_smile: … maby I change my mind :wink:

There is a review of the Lian Li PC-70 here.

[i]I have heard that it [LG] cut’s throu the SD2 2.51.xxx like butter

That’s said, but not true.[/B]

I have the LG 8320B (32x) and i have copied PERFECTLY without AWS MOHAA, RENEGADE and PATRICIAN II, which are all protected with SD 2.51.x.x and they works in all readers.

Do you distinguish between x.020 and x.021? Do your copies work in the Toshiba 1502?

Im sorry but i dont know what exact version of SD 2.51 they are. I just know i’ve copied them without AWs and they work perfectly on Toshiba SD-M1502 and other readers (of my fiends, but i dont know the models).

Originally posted by alexnoe
Do you distinguish between x.020 and x.021? Do your copies work in the Toshiba 1502?
Yes, but I have a 1402. Backups work everywhere.