Liteon test

Hey Big Mike & G Ivan Awfulitch…
Hope this works as I have never posted a test before. But here is an attempt to show you the results of my first Liteon (12X) and the one they exchanged for me. A liteon 16X. Done with Memorex 8X DVD+R said to be Pro Disc R03

Mark

Also one @ 16X with Verbatim DVD+R said to be MCC 004

Mark

So is this a burn test or a read test?.. you have not specified. Also I suggest you go to the liteon forum and look up the K-Probe tool, because that will give you detailed error rate info, though it only works with liteon drives.

Hey Jucius…

Sorry about that. It is a burn test.

Mark

Looks like the CAV burning on burns #2 and #3 went much better than the CLV burn in the first pic. Well done.

Yo Mark-

Those look like CD-Speed tests…:wink:

The Verbatim 16x is AWESOME!!! Right on the money!!! Can’t ask for better than that-

Mike

Hey Jucius…

The first one was done with a Liteon that was D.O.A. out of the box. 2 & 3 are with the replacement. First was the 12X Liteon SOHW-1213-S. I ragged enough about the hassle of having to come back that they exchanged it with the 16X Liteon SOHW-1633-S. Worked for me.

Mark

If it was DOA out of the box how’d you get it to do a 4x write? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey pchlison…

OK I’ll refrase this for you. It was hosed out of the box. And if you look close, you’ll see it wasn’t a 4X burn but a 2.56X burn from start to finish. A 2.56X burn on a drive that’s new and is a 12X drive, as far as I’m concerned IS DOA.:stuck_out_tongue:

Mark

Yo Mark-

Your tests made me go to Nero CD-DVD Speed and test my Taiyo Yuden 8x +R’s - and my graph looks exactly like your test at 16x - says maximum speed= 16.1x - elapsed time= 5.01 minutes-

I’m a happy camper too-

Mike

Hey Mike…

PERFECT!!!:bigsmile:

Mark

Yo Mark-

How do you bring your graphs over to the forums?

Mike

Hey Mike…

Funny you ask cuz I was going to ask you until I just figured it out about 2hrs. ago. Run your test and save them. I saved to my docs. Go down to the bottom of your post and click on manage attachments. Pull your saved file up and upload it to your post and BINGO!!! It will not be viewable in the preview but does show up in the main post. Hope I explained it good enough. If not, let me know and I’ll try again. :bigsmile:

Hey Mike…

One more detail. Make sure you save your test as a png. file. It’s the only one that I tried that is small enough in size to work. If I remember right theres’ a 97k max size. I tried earlier with a jpeg. and it was to large.

Mark

Yo Mark-

Thanks Bra !!

Mike

Hey Mike…

Maybe you can do one for me. I haven’t yet figured out how to add a web link or thread link to the forum. Ya know that one?

Mark

Yo Mark-

Drag cursor over to highlight - go to “edit” - “copy” then click on where you want the link to go in your message and go to “edit” - “paste”

Mike

(BTW - how come you have a “!” on your signature and I don’t??)

Hey Mike…

Thanks Brother. 2 heads are always better than one.:bigsmile:

Mark

(BTW - how come you have a “!” on your signature and I don’t??)
Hey Mike…

Don’t know what you mean by the statement above…

Mark

Yo Mark-

See that orange “sunshine” thing below your posts and the"!" next to it- well I don’t have one-thats all-

Mike