LiteOn SSM-8515S - changing from Slave to Master

Hello,

I’m looking for an utility to change the LiteOn SSM-8515S drive mode. It’s been installed in Toshiba Satellite A85-S107 laptop (replacing Matshita drive) and all was working fine until I needed to boot from the CD. It didn’t work (had to boot using a pendrive), and after looking for infromation on the internet, I found out that the drive needs to be set to Master to be able to boot from it.

There are “a few” utilities on codeguys.rpc1.org to change these settings for liteon drives, but I couldn’t find one that would work for this writer. I’ve tried contacting the LiteOn support through the web-form and sending a question directly to them via email (odd_support at liteonit dot something) but didn’t receive any response in 4 days.

Is there any other way of obtaining this utility, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

Ok, problem solved. Thanks to the EEPROM Utility, I was able to change the mode to Master. I feel stupid because I already tried to backup EEPROM and hexedit it (I just couldn’t find the right offset) not seeing the “Slim” tab.

So, in case anybody wants to know, the EEPROM utility works great on this drive - I’ll post back if I run into some troubles, but I highly doubt it.

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome to the forum Zenek. :iagree: :clap:
All in one solution. :bigsmile:
Perhaps you could start your own DIY forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heh, I need to congratulate to myself then :rolleyes:

Welcome to CDF’s :clap: