Liteon SOHW-1633S User Manual

vbimport

Can someone please help me find a web site where I might find a user manual for my drive? I have misplaced mine and need what brands of blank dual layer media is compatible with my drive. I have tried liteon’s web site, but can only find firmware updates for which I am current using BSOY :confused:.

Thanks!!!

[QUOTE=eagle1955;2068532]Can someone please help me find a web site where I might find a user manual for my drive? I have misplaced mine and need what brands of blank dual layer media is compatible with my drive. I have tried liteon’s web site, but can only find firmware updates for which I am current using BSOY :confused:.

Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

Hi eagle1955, AFAIK your drive (and only with with latest fw version, you alread have it) does support only some DL media and I recommend you to use only 2,4 or 4x Verbatims.

First of all I appreciate your info very much. And, I don’t want to sound too incredibly stupid, but what does [B]AFAIK[/B] meen? Did not hear back before having to leave so I went out and bought TDK DL 2.4x. I do remember TDK being on the list of compatible media. How does it compare with Verbatim? It’s what I’ve been using for other recordings and has worked fine. Did my first DL copy and seems ok…I only hope it continues.

[QUOTE=eagle1955;2068702]First of all I appreciate your info very much. And, I don’t want to sound too incredibly stupid, but what does [B]AFAIK[/B] meen? Did not hear back before having to leave so I went out and bought TDK DL 2.4x. I do remember TDK being on the list of compatible media. How does it compare with Verbatim? It’s what I’ve been using for other recordings and has worked fine. Did my first DL copy and seems ok…I only hope it continues.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK = as far as I know
Unfortunately TDK doesn’t make media by themself, now it’s just a brand name. Their are buying DL media mostly from Ritek or CMC Magnetics and their quality is inferior to Verbatim’s DL media. I recommend you to buy only 2,4-4x Verbatims. :bigsmile:
By the way could you make a quality scan of that TDK DL you have burned? Your Lite On is a good quality scanner so you can check a quality of every disc you burn with KProbe or Nero CD-DVD Speed.