Liteon SOHR-5239V@USB: No scanning with CD/DVD speed

Hi,

recently I had removed my internally installed Liteon SOHR-5239V CDRW drive, that is now connected to an USB/IDE adapter with Myson Century chipset.
Befor that, I was able do scan my discs with Kprobe and CD/DVD Speed. Now, scanning with CD/DVD speed does not work any more with that drive, but Kprobe does.
There is no general problem with USB connected drives, as my USB-connected SHM-165P6S (Cypress based enclosure) works fine with both applications.

Any ideas explaining, what happened are very appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

I’m not sure, but I read somewhere that scanning with a drive in an external enclosure require ASPI drivers installed or at least in the same folder of cd-dvd speed.

Hi,

Nope. Aspi is useless for external drives (and many others that are connected to additional controllers). Therefore, there is no Aspi installed on my system.

My USB connected DVD-writer works fine - with CD/DVD speed and Kprobe. My CDRW does not.

Michael

[QUOTE=geno888;1497061]I’m not sure, but I read somewhere that scanning with a drive in an external enclosure require ASPI drivers installed or at least in the same folder of cd-dvd speed.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me, had to reinstall an nLite-customized Windows XP installation which worked fine before with my external drives but now can’t even “see” them on the list. WNASPI32.DLL was present in the system32 directory, although simply putting FrogASPI.dll in the same folder as CD/DVD Speed enabled the app to see my EW164B drive - which leads me to believe that the proper version of ASPI is still essential. Replaced the “faulty” DLL with FrogASPI under windows/system32 made things work as they should.

I don’t have Nero Burning ROM on this machine - one more thing to ponder on.

Hi,

if Nero is not installed, then there must be a wnaspi32.dll file in the program directory of CD/DVD speed. This is documented.

The problem I described above, has vanished btw. I am not sure if it was a newer CD Speed version or the other enclosure I have used.

Since I don’t use that drive for scanning any more, I don’t mind anyways :wink:

Michael