Liteon SHW-160P6S & DH20A4P slow to read... Why?

vbimport

It’s puzzling:

Occasionally I am able to get a decent data verification speed in Nero after burning a CD with these two drives but most of the time it seems to be slow as molasses, hovering around 1 or 2x but going no faster. I know it’s possible for these drives to verify well over 32X if they feel like it, so I would like to know what the problem may be. I also experienced this when using CDex to extract .wav’s from a CDR. It’s just really really slow, in both drives.

All of the DVDR I burn don’t have this problem on verify, it’s only the CDs & the CD’s are usually TY’s - but I have also had this problem with Ritek branded. Those are the only two brands I use.

Whatever could be the problem? According to nero infotool the DMA is on, and the ASPI is installed and working correctly.

Thanks for your help.

anyone? :confused:

If you take these discs and do a TRT on them, do they do a normal high-speed reading curve?

No, and the results are rather strange.

I think I have gotten a bad batch or two from Sam’s Club…

It could be the version of CD-DVD Speed you are using. Looks like an old one. Try upgrading to the current Nero DiscSpeed 4.11.2.0 and see if that helps.

Check to make sure you have an 80-conductor IDE cable as well as DMA turned on. Remove any IDE drivers from chipsets such as nVidia, ATI, etc., and use M$'s own.