LITEON SHM-165H6S won't burn

I recently bought and started using a LITEON SHM-165H6S did a couple of burns and then it stopped working… problems burning… I have an HP burner that still works fine…

In any case I was looking at some of the other posts and noticed someone saying get rid of the ASPI layer. I ran the Nero tool and my WINASPI.DLL and ASPI32.SYS installation are apparently corrupted. My Nero WINASPI.DLL which is older is in fact ok…

Should I get rid of the corrupt files and how do I do that, do I reinstall them?

I just downloaded the latest version of Nero 7 and want to install. If I install it will that take care of the ASPI layers?

Thank you in advance.

Les…

I doubt this will help.

Get better media.

I would ghost image the partition (local > partition > to image) and then do a fresh install with the drive in place.

Making sure first that the proper MASTER and SLAVE settings are set via the jumpers, and that you are using 80 conductor, 40 pin cables.

Well:
The drive worked before, and there is another drive installed that is still working fine. So I suspect, there is no system issue. Also I don’t think there is a misconfiguration of the jumpers, but a second check will not hurt.

My conclusion is, that the drive went bad. To sort this out, it should be tried in safe mode or - better yet - with a Linux Live system like Knoppix. Also trying the drive in another computer would help to narrow down the problem.

Michael

If you already have your mind made up, why bother asking other people for help?

:confused:

Thank you.

I replaced the ASPI drivers with Force ASPI and this didn’t help my situation. It appears when I try to burn a disk with the LITEON that the buffer isn’t working at all, it just stays grayed out (I’m using Nero).

The LITEON will read a disk fine by the way.

I’m not sure how to test the drive in safe mode, do you mean actually boot into safe mode and try burning a disk there to see if it’s a system problem?

I don’t know what Knoppix is, however, I’m using Windows XP and have not access to a Linux OS computer.

If I was to post the Burn Log would that help?

I didn’t mean to upset anyone but I’m looking for answers and don’t know how I gave the impression I had them? I was only trying something I saw in another thread since my nero info told me my ASPI layer was corrupt.

If the drive is bad I’ll try and return it but I’m assuming this will have to be done through LITEON now… I’ll try their tech support…

Just sent back the 18x from LiteOn. It did same as yours. Reads just fine or Rips fine. My other drive works fine also. Probably just a bad one.

Hi,

You may try removing Aspi. After you have used Forceaspi, there should be a “killaspi.bat” on your system. But I doubt, that would help.

I’m not sure how to test the drive in safe mode, do you mean actually boot into safe mode and try burning a disk there to see if it’s a system problem?
Yes.

I don’t know what Knoppix is
See http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

however, I’m using Windows XP and have not access to a Linux OS computer.
Doesn’t matter. Knoppix is a live Linux system that runs straight from a bootable CD without installing anything on your harddisk. For testing your drive, there is a graphical burning application called K3B. Also, Knoppix is fine for recovering data from your HDD in case your Windows installation gets corrupted.

If the drive is bad I’ll try and return it but I’m assuming this will have to be done through LITEON now… I’ll try their tech support…
If the drive is bad, then contact your vendor for a replacement at first.

Michael

Thank you all for your help.

As it turns out I decided to upgrade my version of nero and to do this I had to also install the latest version of DirectX (was running 9.0b) to 9.0c. This combination of things seems to have my burners working fine for the moment.

Haven’t done any heavy duty burning just ISO file copies so far, but so far so good.

Cheers,

Les…

Short lived… the burner will do ISO as stated but still won’t burn a DVD copy or from an image which my other burner will? Help still required… haven’t heard anything back from the company yet.

As far as returning it is concerned, I have had it over a month so can’t deal directly with the vendor at this point.