LiteOn Settings Utility

vbimport

I downloaded and installed the LiteOn Settings Utility. It doesn’t work at all. Everything is blanked, so you can not make changes.
I have a JLMS- HJ-HD166. Does the utility not work with that particular DVD drive? Or do you need to have a disk in the drive?
Thanks for letting me know.

[QUOTE=gallicbear;2556018]I downloaded and installed the LiteOn Settings Utility. It doesn’t work at all. Everything is blanked, so you can not make changes.
I have a JLMS- HJ-HD166. Does the utility not work with that particular DVD drive? [/QUOTE]The settings utility is designed for DVD writers. Your drive isn’t.
What do you expect this utility should do for you?

Michael

Thank you, Michael. I don’t know what you call DVD writer. My DVD Drive allows me to burn disks. I have worked before with DVD Rs and RWs, as well as CD Rs and CD RWs.

[QUOTE=gallicbear;2556037]I don’t know what you call DVD writer. [/quote]A drive that is capable to write data onto writeable blank DVD media with help of additional software. What else.

My DVD Drive allows me to burn disks. I have worked before with DVD Rs and RWs, as well as CD Rs and CD RWs.
Perhaps you have another drive installed also. The XJ-HD166 is a plain reader. Run ImgBurn and see what it reports under “capabilities”. Nerö Info Tool (in case you have Nerö installed) is another option to find out in case you don’t believe us.

Michael

Or DVDInfoPro. It also lists the drive capabilities. Or use DiscInfo.