LiteOn Re-bag's

What Manufactures use Re-bag 48x, and 52x LiteOn’s???

I know there are many out there, But what I want to know is which come up in the Bios as LiteOn’s without having to Flash!!

I know BusLink’s do…:confused:

Originally posted by Wiseguy

What Manufactures use Re-bag 48x, and 52x LiteOn’s???

I know there are many out there, But what I want to know is which come up in the Bios as LiteOn’s without having to Flash!!

CenDyne Lightning IV 48/12/48 CD-RW

“…CenDyne was manufactured in May of 2002 and had firmware version VS04. For this review the drive’s firmware has been updated to version VS06.”

Buslink

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
Also Sony, Verbatim, Memorex, Buslink, TDK

Not True!:frowning:

They maybe LiteOn’s, but they do not say LiteOn in the Bios, or on the Drive!

Buslink, and CenDyne do!:slight_smile:

Does anyone know of another?
I maybe wrong, but I don’t think so.

I just bought a Verbatim 40x VBT401248a from Staples and it does not say Liteon. I know the drive was made by LiteOn, but it Still says Verbatim on the Drive.
Buslink, and CenDyne say LiteOn!!!

Originally posted by BadReligionPR

Also Sony, Verbatim, Memorex, Buslink, TDK
Do those fit the description ? -> “which come up in the Bios as LiteOn’s” :confused:

Not True!:frowning:

They maybe LiteOn’s, but they do not say LiteOn in the Bios, or on the Drive!
Yep. That’s what I say ! :wink:

Sorry. Figured it was another simple “Which is Lite-On” question, didn’t both to read the whol thing.:slight_smile:

So is that It!!??

Buslink, and CenDyne

I just heard Pacific Digital also say Liteon in the Bios.
Can someone confirm this?:confused:

[B]What Manufactures use Re-bag 48x, and 52x LiteOn’s???

I know BusLink’s do…:confused: [/B]

So I will ask again!:cop:

as far as i know, only cendyne and buslink do this. i don’t see why it would matter so much tho. and the term is “rebadge,” not “re-bag.” :wink:

Originally posted by AZImmortal
as far as i know, only cendyne and buslink do this. i don’t see why it would matter so much tho. and the term is “rebadge,” not “re-bag.” :wink:
What’s the purpose of riviving this worthless thread then ? You didn’t say anything new here.

i didn’t revive it, look at the post dates/times. Wiseguy did with the post before mine.

You’re right. Sorry for that ! :bow:

Then my Q goes to Wiseguy . :bigsmile:

Originally posted by BoSkin
What’s the purpose of riviving this worthless thread then ? You didn’t say anything new here.

Because I never got a definitive answer.
Both cendyne and buslink seem to pack 52x’s with different drives, at different times.

Is there a way of telling on the BOX if the drive is going to show up as a Liteon in the bios??
I guess that’s the best way for putting it.

Both cendyne and buslink seem to pack 52x’s with different drives, at different times.

Is there a way of telling on the BOX if the drive is going to show up as a Liteon in the bios??

OK, get the picture.

Well, IMO, if product features like SMART-BURN, SMART-X, VAS® ( Vibration Absorber System )
are mentioned on the box, then it’s definitely a LiteOn.

Also there’s no way to mix up any other drive with the LteOn’s strong personality :bigsmile:

:wink: