Liteon or asus 52x cdrw?

vbimport

thinking of getting another one, and I understand asus is ranking highly now. Thoughts on these, preferably by someone who has tried, used both for a decent amount of time?

please use the search function, this has been asked a thoussand times before.

i’ll go for the asus
its rock solid build and does the most common used protections.

Originally posted by Stoner
[B]please use the search function, this has been asked a thousand times before.

I’ll go for the Lite-On
it’s rock solid build and does the most common used protections. [/B]

plays twilight zone music
Déja Vu… :slight_smile:

–>

maybe it’s time to start an official “lite-on vs. asus” forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

well, things change weekly with cdrw hardware, that is why I asked. An answer from a few weeks back can become irrelevant if they change something in manufacturing or firmware. I used the search function btw, just wanted confirmation. It seems Asus is the better drive then…

I got the LiteON and it’s great.

Originally posted by AZImmortal
maybe it’s time to start an official “lite-on vs. asus” forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

that would start almost certainly a flamewar, dont think anybody is waiting for that.

Asus is welcome to send reviews drives, btw.

got an asus on the way, so don’t say anything bad about it until it’s installed and too late to return. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Maelstrom
[B]

that would start almost certainly a flamewar, dont think anybody is waiting for that. [/B]

i was just kidding about that. :wink:

I don’t have any experiences with Asus CDRW drives, but a colleague of mine (now sitting next to me) does.

Here’s what he says:

My Asus 48x drive works very well. I burned over 2000 CDRs already and didn’t have any problems, even when burning more than 200 discs in a row. I didn’t test it with copy protected discs, but concluding from what I’ve read, the drive should perform quite good at this point.

I’ve been using a LiteOn drive since about 9 months now. Although I have the 48x24x48x instead of the 52x model, I can tell you that LiteOn isn’t a bad choice at all. It handles most copy protections really well, isn’t picky with media, comes with Nero and has very good writing results (read the reviews, they can tell you more…!)…

Originally posted by AZImmortal
[B]

i was just kidding about that. :wink: [/B]

i know

but thought might as well say what i think about it

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
I’ve been using a LiteOn drive since about 9 months now. Although I have the 48x24x48x instead of the 52x model, I can tell you that LiteOn isn’t a bad choice at all. It handles most copy protections really well, isn’t picky with media, comes with Nero and has very good writing results (read the reviews, they can tell you more…!)… [/B]

You could OC your 48x24x48 to 52x24x52 but that would void your warantee.

Originally posted by Chriso
[B]

You could OC your 48x24x48 to 52x24x52 but that would void your warantee. [/B]

I know, but there is no real gain (yet) so why try? :wink:

Yeah a warantee is worth alot more than a few seconds saved per burn.