LiteOn Optical Drives table by Blackened2687

vbimport

I’ve made my own version of LiteOn table inspired by KTL’s table but focused more on drive clones and containing the info about optical pickup units (OPUs), which was mostly gathered from the real drives.

Here is v1.6 of the LiteOn Optical Drives table! [PDF, ~60 KB, updated 23 April 2016]

If you will notice any mistake or want me to add more info, please tell me about it in this topic or via PM.

More good work [B]blackened2687[/B]. :clap::clap::flower:

Like your NEC table, this will be very useful. You must have put a lot of work into collating this information.

Once again, I hope [B]Albert[/B] will make this thread a sticky. :flower:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2747786]More good work [B]blackened2687[/B]. :clap::clap::flower:
[/quote]Indeed. :slight_smile:

Once again, I hope [B]Albert[/B] will make this thread a sticky. :flower:
Unfortunately I could not get the file size down, but… :wink:

[B]blackened2687[/B], if you update the PDF, let me know and I can replace it for you. :flower:

Little update for the table:

• Added TDK 1280B clone
  • Removed TEAC DV-W5600S

[B]Albert[/B], please update the first post.

[obsolete table removed]

Update:

• Added new [B]iHAS324 F[/B] to the table - thanks [B]Anywhere[/B] for all necessary info!

[obsolete table removed]

[B]Especially for @ Blackened2687

[/B]Like I said before …:iagree:

LiteOn DH-20A3P / H / S / L. --OPU Hitachi HOP 7652 model codenamed specifically only for LiteOn --[B]Hitachi[/B][B] HOP-H352L \ 353L[/B].

LiteOn iHAP x22 \ 8 \ iHAS x22 8 -OPU Hitachi HOP 7662 model codenamed specifically only for LiteOn --[B]Hitachi HOP-H355L[/B]

LiteOn iHAP x22 9 --OPU LG LPC815 model codenamed specifically only for LiteOn --[B]Hitachi[/B][B] HOP-H356L

[/B]

[B]czary2mary[/B], thank you very much for the info! :clap:

Updated LiteOn table:

• Added information about OPUs in DH-20A3x, iHAPx22 8, iHASx22 8 and iHAPx22 9 drives - dziÄ™kuje [B]czary2mary[/B]!

• V1.0 -> V1.1

[obsolete table removed]

This is excellent. Thanks a lot!
I’m not sure I saw the first-gen iHBS drives in there…? With -29 suffix.

[QUOTE=bilditup1;2751716]I’m not sure I saw the first-gen iHBS drives in there…? With -29 suffix.[/QUOTE]

These drives are hardware-identical, only EEPROM is different (very different, it seems).

[QUOTE=blackened2687;2751747]These drives are hardware-identical, only EEPROM is different (very different, it seems).[/QUOTE]

This I did not know. The difference between first and second gen is entirely a matter of the EEPROM then. How often does that happen?

[QUOTE=bilditup1;2751774]This I did not know. The difference between first and second gen is entirely a matter of the EEPROM then. How often does that happen?[/QUOTE]

It doesn’t; it’s usually reserved for different models or different OEM badges to prevent crossflashing when the hardware is otherwise compatible.

[QUOTE=Albert;2751776]It doesn’t; it’s usually reserved for different models or different OEM badges to prevent crossflashing when the hardware is otherwise compatible.[/QUOTE]

Aha. Would diffing the EEPROM of a first and second gen drive (or maybe a few of them?) yield any interesting info on this? I guess not as I’ve understood each one to be unique somehow…

[QUOTE=bilditup1;2751782]Aha. Would diffing the EEPROM of a first and second gen drive (or maybe a few of them?) yield any interesting info on this? I guess not as I’ve understood each one to be unique somehow…[/QUOTE]

I’m not actually sure…
If it was between one drive model and another, the comparison might include the few locations which are checked to verify the correct firmware is installed for a given drive ID. (People have managed to figure this out, which is amazing to me).

If it’s between any two drives that have been used to burn, the comparison could include info stored as a part of the drive’s learning mechanism.

And of course little bits of calibration data exist.

But comparing a clean EEPROM from a first generation drive and a clean EEPROM from a second generation of the same make & model (where applicable) might eventually show little flags that get changed upon upgrade. Specifically upgrading from 1st gen to 2nd gen, since going in the other direction has apparently proven difficult for unknown reasons. A full drive dump might be required in that case, though.

[QUOTE=Albert;2751791]
But comparing a clean EEPROM from a first generation drive and a clean EEPROM from a second generation of the same make & model (where applicable) might eventually show little flags that get changed upon upgrade. [/QUOTE]

Huh. This would require two NOS drives, I guess, one for each generation. Unfortunately, I’m outta body parts, heh

[off]I wonder what will happen if to backup EEPROM of 2nd gen drive, then write EEPROM dump made from 1st gen drive into 2nd gen drive (its LED will start to blink) and then flash the firmware dump CL0x/5L0x via “unlocked flasher”? Will it flash or not? And if it will flash, will the writing of the original backed EEPROM restore drive functionality?[/off]

Updated LiteOn table:

• Added information about OPU in iHESx12 drives - thank you, [B]bilditup1[/B]!
  • Added 4 older HP clones: dvd735d, dvd740r, dvd840d, dvd940d - can’t believe that I’ve missed them before :doh:
  • V1.1 -> V1.2

[obsolete table removed]

[B]Urgent update:[/B]

Today I have got used iHAS120 X (very rare drive here) and decided to disassemble it to clean the dust and make it look like new drive. When I have disassembled it I was shocked - it has completely different hardware than iHAS122/124/324 W drives and the guy from one russian forum who sent me photos of drive internals cheated me - these photos were really from W series drive. :doh::doh::doh:

The real iHAS120 X uses bigger PCB similar to the one used in iHAS124 C but with R8J32091NP chipset, and also it uses SF-DS1X1 pickup (same as in iHASx22/x24 C and 2nd-gen. AD-5280/728xS drives). I apologize for misinformation about this drive in my table. :frowning:

Fixed version:

• [B]Corrected information about iHAS120 X drive[/B]
  • Added new [B]iHAS124 F[/B] drive
  • V1.2 -> V1.3

[obsolete table removed]

Today I have got one iHAS324 Y and decided to disassemble it and check by myself if it does have 100% same hardware as Optiarc AD-7240S or if there are some differences exist between them (except the bottom cover). Optical pickups are same, but boards are very slightly, but still different - AD-7240S uses spindle motor with wider flat cable than iHAS324 Y and spindle motor connectors on PCBs are different. So, although crossflashing AD-7240S <-> iHAS124/324 Y is possible and tested, I can’t consider them as 100% same drives and decided to separate them in my tables.

Complete list of updates:

• [B]iHASx24 Y[/B] drives are no more considered as [B]AD-724xS[/B] clones (notes added)
  • Added AOpen and HP-branded clones for [B]iHASx24 Y[/B] drives
  • Added new [B]iHAS122 F[/B] drive
  • Added 2nd version of [B]DH-4O1S[/B] drive (different F/W version and DVD-RAM support), rearranged clones for 1st and 2nd versions
  • Added information about 1st and 2nd revisions of [B]iHESx12/iHBSx12[/B] drives
  • Rearranged clones for 1st and 2nd revisions of [B]iHESx12/iHBSx12[/B] drives, added extra notes about F/W versions of ASUS, Optiarc, Plextor and Sony-branded clones
  • V1.3 -> V1.4

[B]Albert[/B], could you please remove attachments with obsolete versions of the table?

[obsolete table removed]

Updated version:

[ul]
[li]Added clones of iHAS124 F - ASUS DRW-24B1ST j (thanks to [B]killer23d[/B]!), Plextor PX-891SAF
[/li][li]Added clone of iHAS124 E - ASUS DRW-24F1ST b
[/li][li]Added clone of DH-4B1S - Philips BDD1001
[/li][li]V1.4 -> V1.5
[/li][/ul]

[B]Albert[/B], :wink:

(old ver. deleted -Albert)

Updated version:

[ul]
[li]Added clones of iHAS124 F - ASUS DRW-24F1ST c (thanks to [B]jcroy[/B]!), ASUS DRW-24B3ST j, HP dvd1265v, TEAC DV-W524GSE
[/li][li]V1.5 -> V1.6
[/li][/ul]

liteon_table_v1.6.pdf (61.5 KB)