Liteon LVW5006 DVD's

vbimport

I am using the Liteon LVW5006 DVD recorder to make personal DVD’s from TV,old VHS tapes,holiday DVD’s etc. Everything is ok,the recorded DVD’s play on all my DVD players and computers but my Nero 6 or my Nero7 will not copy them to make a backup.I tried a program called Ulead DVD Moviemaker 4 on 30 day trial and this works ok but does anyone know of an easier and cheaper way to copy dvd’s recorded on the Liteon.

See if you can put the dvd video in a folder on the PC and then try to burn using nero, roxio, ect…

what do you mean “nero won’t copy them”

do you get error message? does the computer freeze?

clicking on nero burning rom / copy disc / the message is " sorry this kind of compilation cannot be written on the selected recorder.please select a different recorder or modify the settings of your compilation."
the recorder I am using is the pioneer 108. ulead dvd moviemaker4 (quick drop) copies my liteon dvd’s and so does 1clickdvd( I downloaded trial versions of these,but reluctant to buy because both get bad reviews) . I suspect a clash between the dvd’s I have recorded on the liteon LVW5006 and my legitimate copy of nero6.

If your DVDs play in your players it should be no problem to make an ISO with DVD Decrypter and then burn with DVD Decrypter. Leave Nero out of the equation.