Liteon LVW5005XS Firmware

Can anyone point me to the v098 firmware for the Liteon LVW 5005XS ? My current serial number start with 0102-4140 . The only reference to it i could find was

http://www.pumapeople.com/liteon/5005XS%20v098.rar

But this site no longer seems to even have the liteon subdirectory. I know some members here have this file, but so far no answer to PMs.

I appreciate any help in finding this file. Thanks ahead.

[QUOTE=rockstar72;2587677]Can anyone point me to the v098 firmware for the Liteon LVW 5005XS ?[/QUOTE]

I’ve also been looking for it with no luck whatsoever – please please let me know also if anyone has this file.

(Note for anyone unfamiliar with this unit – it’s completely different from the 5005X, in spite of the name, and is essentially a 5007 with the 5005 firmware.)

Have you tried contacting LiteOn? A while back there was another post searching for firmware for a different model, and the poster was able to get LiteOn support to email him the firmware.

Hi bevells1,

I did try contacting LiteOn a while ago and got no response.

The 0098 firmware for the 5005xs was actually a creation of user kain, who is no longer active on this board. I gather from a posting in another forum, here, that it is essentially a cross-flash, and is based on changing the “magic number” that differs by model and is added to the checksum in the firmware file to validate it to the system. It’s conceivable that that number is the same for the 5005xs and the 5007, since both use the exact same board with different firmware, but I haven’t tried that experiment yet. It would be much easier to have his original file which was once at http://www.pumapeople.com/liteon/5005XS%20v098.rar.

So 2 questions.

Is there a backup of all of those files somewhere ? The pumapeople site no longer hosts them.

Is there enough information in that other thread to recreate the firmware file ?

I bought this recorder for the sole purpose of hacking it so I’d like to get it working.

[QUOTE=rockstar72;2589013]So 2 questions.

Is there a backup of all of those files somewhere ? The pumapeople site no longer hosts them.

Is there enough information in that other thread to recreate the firmware file ?

I bought this recorder for the sole purpose of hacking it so I’d like to get it working.[/QUOTE]
I haven’t found a backup of those files, though some (not this one) are available through archive.org.

There isn’t quite enough information - we need the checksum offset value for the 5005xs. If anyone has an official firmware for the 5005xs, that would probably be enough. Otherwise it would probably take a lot of trials to guess at it (creating a firmware CD each time and seeing if it worked).

I have two 5005xs’s myself - one to sell after I replace the drive and hopefully find this firmware too.