Liteon lvw5004

vbimport

I can’t open the drawer, any suggestions gratefully received about how to do this. I suspect the drive belt has come off but I can’t get to it.

There might be a hidden emergency eject hole somewhere on the drive, if you can find and get to it a uncurled paperclip or something should release it.
You might have to open it up and pull the front cover, don’t have one handy to look at but if you can find a manual online maybe it will say if there is a way to do it as well.

Thanks Dartman. There is no hole. However, I have fixed it. There is a blue plastic piece behind the drawer motor which, when pushed to the left-hand side of the drive, opens the drawer. The motor runs, it’s belt is fitted, all the problem was mechanism stiffness and now works OK. Matter closed, thanks to all.

That blue plastic piece that opens the drawer is only accessible with the recorder cover removed I would assume. Is this correct, and does pushing it to the left once to open the drawer permanently fix the problem? I have a lvw5006 exhibiting the same problem. I have been lightly tapping on the drawer cover while it’s trying to open which gets it to open most times, but the procedure you describe would be better if it permanently fixes the problem.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2749648]That blue plastic piece that opens the drawer is only accessible with the recorder cover removed I would assume. Is this correct, and does pushing it to the left once to open the drawer permanently fix the problem? I have a lvw5006 exhibiting the same problem. I have been lightly tapping on the drawer cover while it’s trying to open which gets it to open most times, but the procedure you describe would be better if it permanently fixes the problem.[/QUOTE]
It sounds like part of the mechanism that raises or lowers the optical assembly and spindle motor inside the optical drive. (If it’s like every other optical drive I’ve seen, the tray catches the plastic piece on the way in or out, and raises the assembly up or down when this plastic piece forced left or right).

If you can open the recorder and get inside the optical drive (apparently not difficult?), you can check for yourself. Maybe add a tiny bit of grease if it seems to stick; you should be able to manually open and close the tray a few times while the optical drive is opened to figure out which part needs a little help.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2749648]That blue plastic piece that opens the drawer is only accessible with the recorder cover removed I would assume. Is this correct, and does pushing it to the left once to open the drawer permanently fix the problem? I have a lvw5006 exhibiting the same problem. I have been lightly tapping on the drawer cover while it’s trying to open which gets it to open most times, but the procedure you describe would be better if it permanently fixes the problem.[/QUOTE]
You need to unscrew the drive from the base of the cabinet, undo two screws which fix the front panel to the cabinet, then undo the four plastic clips which attach the front panel to the cabinet. Carefully lift the whole front assembly up to exposed the underside of the drive, you will then see this piece of plastic which has a diagonal slot in it. Pushing this will open the drawer. Good luck, mine, now, works after exercising the drawer mechanism a few times!