Liteon LVW-5045 problem using 'Tv Tuner'-Please help?

Hi there, im a newbie here so please go easy on me :smiley:

Ok, my problem is that iv had my video player plugged into my Lite on and i’ve been copying some of my old vhs videos to the lite on just perfectly and then yesterday for some strange reason the lite on seems to have tuned out from the video. When i play the video, go to ‘set up’, go to ‘tv tuner’, go to ‘utilities’ and then proceed to ‘scan channel’ i find the video signal on channel 110 but im unable to save it, if i press ‘stop scan’ then it reverts back to channel 1 and i am unable to go to ‘edit channel’ or any other option, if i leave it alone then it proceeds to move on to channel 111, 112 etc etc.
Please can anyone help me sort this out?
Any advice will be greatfully received…

Hi Buel, if you’re only trying to get back to the video input, press the "Source " button either on the remote or on the front of the 5045 until you get the right input signal. The tuner can only scan the cable/antenae feed, not the rear inputs.

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for that but that’s my point- it does pick up the video signal on channel 110 (and up to yesterday id copied lots of my vhs tapes) but i just cant get it to save the channel ref my earlier post for problems with the scan option. Any ideas please?

Hi, thanks for that but that’s my point- it does pick up the video signal on channel 110 (and up to yesterday id copied lots of my vhs tapes) but i just cant get it to save the channel ref my earlier post for problems with the scan option. Any ideas please?

Hi again Buel, don’t try to use the tuner to set the recorder to record a line input, although you might see it, it’s really not the way its meant to work.

Let’s try a step-by-step approach to get you back to your input sgnal;

I presume you are recording using red/white/yellow plugged in the rear or the front input, therefore;

1- start your video player as you usually would do
2- press the source button repeatedly with a let’s say a 2-second pause between each press which will get the recorder to go through the various inputs of the recorder at each press, you’ll see the input change in the status/display bar on the screen and also on the front display.

At one of the presses, you will get the video signal input back from the video player feed and you’re back in business.

Cheers

Hi C.C and thanks for your help.
Ok, i’ll start at the beginning- No i am not using the red/white/yellow leads:

I have my satellite box scart into the Lite on ‘In’ scart socket
My other scart lead from the satellite box goes to my tv
The scart lead from the Lite on ‘out’ socket to the tv
The ‘round cable’ from my video ‘out’ socket to the Lie on ‘tuner RF in’ socket
Finally, my ‘round cable’ from my satellite box to my tv socket.

Up until sunday this worked perfectly in that i could record my vhs tapes to the Lite on Hard drive and view it using my tv ‘AV 3’ channel then i could watch satellite tv on my tv ‘AV 2’ channel and watch ‘normal’ terrestrial tv on my tv ‘AV 1’ channel, it was all lovely but for some reason (and i haven’t touched any cables’ the Lite on is no longer picking up the video signal (unless i do the search and it appears on channel 110) Also, to complicate matters it would appear that all but Channel 1 of my Lite on channels are locked as when i go into ‘set up’, ‘utilities’ and ‘edit channel’ all the channels have an image of a tv with a yellow ‘x’ through them!

Does this help explain things…or muddle them up for you?:flower:

Thanks Buel, yes it does clear for me as I was under the impression that you were located in North America, I just couldn’t get why it wasn’t working for you or what you were trying to do. Unfortunately, me being on the other side of the Atlantic, I’m not familiar with the SCART/Terrestrial reception and its inputs/outputs issues.

Hopefully now that you’ve giving us more info on your setup, someone with more knowledge of the european model will ring in and assist you.

All the best, 'till next time.

Thanks for that! Any ideas on why my channels are blocked please?

Thanks for that! Any ideas on why my channels are blocked please?