Liteon LVW-5005 Overwriting DVDs!

Hello everyone,

I bought the LiteON DVD Recorder/Player LVW-5005 and it worked great for a time. Now however, everytime i’m done recording a DVD and I put it into the recorder, for some reason the recorder starts preparing it or erasing it for no reason! The DVDs I use are either RiDATA 4x DVD+RW or the Maxell DVD+RW. This is becoming increasingly annoying because if you arn’t careful you could erase an entire DVD full of shows. :a

Any help is appreciated and thank you for your time.

You could try to protect the titles already recorded. Go to “Edit” then switch “Protection” to On.

Welcome to CD Freaks, Chatboy :wink:

Just to rule out a faulty disc or an issue with a particular brand, I would recommend backing up the disc’s content to your PC and then try the discs one by one to see if this whether only a certain brand of discs this occurs on or if there is one disc that the recorder keeps falsely recognising as a blank. So far I have not heard of this issue before and have not experienced this with my LVW-1105HC+ or LVW-5045 recorders.

If this is only a recent issue, in that the recorder never done this for several months and now frequently erases DVD+RW’s, I would recommend running a cleaning disc just to make sure that it is not a dusty laser causing it to mistakenly recognise written discs as blank. Finally, if you have not updated the firmware recently, I would recommend carrying out this just in case it is a known bug.