Liteon LVW-5001

Hello!
I just bought a Liteon LVW-5001 standalone dvd+rw recorder.
at the first recordings i noticed a problem: random white or black dots on the recorded video. dots appear even if i play the recorderd dvd on another player and another tv.
i recorded from a free-to-air channel using the scart input to record from a humax 5400 CI…
i didn’t have time to try the other inputs
i have the latest firmware on…

did someone have the some problem ?
some suggestions ?
thanks in advance

Try different (high quality) media and see if the problem persists.

i don’t think it’s a matter of media quality
i used tdk dvd+rw
anyway i noticed that random white or black dots appear even if i play an original dvd…
is there anybody who has liteon lvw-5001?

Toxie

The lvw-5001 is known to have very poor cooling system and it gets really hot inside the case. I have the gateway oem ar-230 the same unit as your 5001 and I have not seen this black and white dots on video as yet. maybe gateway oem was made in different factory or the cooling is better I dont know. I can tell you I looked in friends 5001 and in mine as far as I can tell only difference i could see was the date on his dvd drive, mine was OCT 03 and his was SEPT. 03 , btw if anyone want to know the drive lite-on uses in the units both real and my oem is 401s although it would seen after f/w 1129 they updated to using 411s f/w f2s8 is last f/w released on dvd and the motherboard f/w is 1143. the total f/w loader files is just over 2mb in size.

unluck… :frowning:
what kind of solution do you suggest ?
probably calling the customer service is the only way
isn’t it ?
is there a RMA service ?

Can you move the 5001 to a different location? Sounds like interferance of some sort. What about your cables, are you using the cheap stuff?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Can you move the 5001 to a different location? Sounds like interferance of some sort. What about your cables, are you using the cheap stuff?

hmmm
i’m using the cable inlcluded…