LiteOn LTR52327S incompatible with Philips 48x?

vbimport

Hi,

With my deceased Plextor 24/10/40 I never had any problems burning Philips 48x certified CD’s at 24x. Now I use a LiteOn LTR52327S which allows me to burn them at their certified speed of 48x, but with bad results (Nero cannot finish data verification because of read errors at the end):

Burning at 24x works much better (Nero data verification will finish without errors):

This is how the discs are recognised by SmartBurn 3:

Drive Type = CD-RW
Disc Type = CDR (A-)
Material = Phthalocyanine
Lead In = 97:15:17
Lead Out = 79:59:70
Nominal Capacity = 702.82MB (79m 59s 70f/LBA:359845)
Manufacturer Maybe = RiTEK
Smart-Burn Speed Limit = Wrt(52X),Rd(52X)

This happend on all discs. Are these Philips/RiTEK discs bad, or is my LiteOn drive not that well?

Can’t tell much without the scans to look at, but without testing your drive on a variety of media you can’t say if it’s a drive problem or not. The RiTEK discs are not known for high quality, RiTEK TG is much better. The last Phillips 48x that I bought were so bad that I’ve never bought any more, but they were CMC-made.

Edit: I did a cut/paste on your links and saw the scans. they are consistant with crappy media.

Most likely a media issue and not a drive issue.

But it’s hard to say without seeing scans from other top brands such as Taiyo Yuden.

Originally posted by XIII

This happend on all discs. Are these Philips/RiTEK discs bad, or is my LiteOn drive not that well?
There’s nothing wrong w my Riteks -
they just are of excellent quality, of which I’ve been telling here from time to time.

BoSkin: Nice scans! What was the rating of the discs, and at what speed did you burn them?

Originally posted by Bhairav

What was the rating of the discs,

and at what speed did you burn them?
1-48x

Soft - Feurio! Mode - Best CLV ( using Yamaha’s Audio Master Quality Recording,
which makes longer and wider pits and lands and therefore the capacity of a 80’ disc is reduced to 68 minutes ).

Nice! They were sold under the “Ritek” brand name?

Originally posted by Bhairav

Nice! They were sold under the “Ritek” brand name?
Platinum

club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=437232#post437232
club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=440215#post440215

That’s funny. I have some discs left of an identical spindle and these indeed seem to perform very well. Really stupid, until recently I considered the Philips to be quality stuff for data backup and used the Platinum’s for audio discs. Should have done that the other way around I guess…