LiteON LTR-52246S 52x24x52x?

vbimport

Hi All,

I am currently using LiteON 40x12x48x, and would like to get a new CDRW drive for a new computer…

I would like to know if the latest LiteON LTR-52246S 52x24x52x (firmware version R526S0C) is the best choice,
and if this new drive is better than the LiteON 48x…

I am aware that the LTR-52246S is the fastest LiteON
drive available, but some users mentioned that the new
52x drive doesn’t work with many cd’s…
Even good brand ones!!!

Thnks in advance

Bosco

All models that end in 6S are essentially the same…

the drive (i’ve got one) works fine as long as you don’t upgrade the firmware to R526S0C. :slight_smile:

i’m using 6S0C without any problems. firmware-related problems are usually isolated cases.

First, I would like to thanks you all for your fast answer!

So, the NEW LiteON 52x24x52x works better than the 48x ?

And you recommend to use the drive with an old version firmware “6S02, 6S07 or 6S0A” and don’t upgrade the firmware to R526S0C ??

Could you mentioned some of the problems of ›the new
LiteON LTR-52246S 52x24x52x ?

Thanks again for all your help…

Regards

Bosco

There are no specific problems with the 52246S. If you want 24x RW speed, then it’s the one to get.

Originally posted by neonspyder
the drive (i’ve got one) works fine as long as you don’t upgrade the firmware to R526S0C. :slight_smile:

Which firmware would you suggest? I got mine a couple weeks ago and flashed it immediately to 6S0C and noticed that smartburn was detecting my Princo 48X CDR’s as 48X max where when I first got the drive, it would detect the max burn speed on those CDR’s as 52X. It’s negligible difference but… ah you know :slight_smile:

Shrink - i went back to a much happier version: 6S07 :slight_smile:

Shrink - i went back to a much happier version: 6S07 :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply! What differences have you found with 6S07? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Shrink
What differences have you found with 6S07?

differences? it worked! :smiley:

[B]

differences? it worked! :smiley: [/B]

LOL - that’s a heck of an endorsement :slight_smile:

Well I flashed back 6S07 and the 48X Princo’s I have max at 40X because of smartburn. 6S0C burns them at 48X with no errors so I reverted back to 6S0C.

One thing I like about Liteon drives is that there are enough firmwares to experiment with, huh? lol

Thanks for your input!