LiteOn LTR-48126S

My Presario 8000 came with a built in CD-RW drive that is listed on my system as “Lite-On LTR-48126S”. I cannot flash this drive with newer firmware for Lite-On LTR-48126S from the LiteOn website because it is an OEM model from Compaq (probably because there is no exact match between the type code stored in the drve and in the firmware).

I have firmware 2qs5 and want to upgrade to the newest (2s0g).

Do I need some firmware specifically for the compaq OEM model, or can I just use the firmware from LiteOn with a different flash program? If possible to use a different flash program to force it to flash, is it safe to use the firmware from LiteOn even though I have an OEM model?

Originally posted by steve3386
[B]My Presario 8000 came with a built in CD-RW drive that is listed on my system as “Lite-On LTR-48126S”. I cannot flash this drive with newer firmware for Lite-On LTR-48126S from the LiteOn website because it is an OEM model from Compaq (probably because there is no exact match between the type code stored in the drve and in the firmware).

I have firmware 2qs5 and want to upgrade to the newest (2s0g).

Do I need some firmware specifically for the compaq OEM model, or can I just use the firmware from LiteOn with a different flash program? If possible to use a different flash program to force it to flash, is it safe to use the firmware from LiteOn even though I have an OEM model? [/B]

Flashing it with a real LiteOn FW should be fine.

Option 1) Download official LiteOn FW (the EXE file) and use FlashFix to patch the EXE. (see Ssseth’s tool collection) (this is the easier option)

Option 2) Download official LiteOn FW (the EXE file), use XFlash-X (see my sig) to extract the BIN from the EXE, and use LtnFW or Mtkflash. (see Ssseth’s tool collection)

Oh, and it might also be worthwhile to backup your current firmware using LtnFW just in case you decide that you want to go back.

Yeah, and please send me a copy of the backup of your 2QS5 firmware!

Thanks for the help! Option 2 worked perfectly with LtnFW (I couldn’t get Mtkflash to work).