LITEON LTR-40125S & Nero - Medium not empty?

vbimport

Hi All,

I need a little help with a problem thats starting to do my head in. :confused: I have recently installed a Liteon LTR-40125S and using Nero 5.5.8.2 it will not allow you to write from an image file i.e. bin/cue - The writer reports medium not empty and ejects the disk. I have tried several brands all with the same effect. What makes it worse is if you look at the medium info it states blank CDR! I have tested the writer with CloneCD and it works ok - so no hardware fault, Nero is OK because it will write the same image to the Pioneer A04 writer thats installed OK.

Any one have any idea what this could be - I have tried the usual uninstall / clean registry / re-install, Flashed Liteon with the latest bios ZS0A, installed latest intel drivers, DMA on, no conflicts etc etc.

I am running Windows XP (all up to date), Intel P4, Intel chipset etc.

Any one help me out on this one??

Many Thanks

Bill.

this is just a wild guess but did you try using a older version of nero? to see if that fixes your problem :slight_smile:

Do it work when writing normal data? And not an image file.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile: I tried that but the fault remained but I always had a feeling it was something to do with the ASPI drivers.

I had ASPI version 4.7 installed in the C:\windows\system32 directory and ASPI version 2.0.1.41 in the nero directory (Nero 5.5.7.2 was installed). I copied WNASPI32.DLL from the Nero directory to the System32 directory and after a reboot all was fixed. I then upgraded to Nero 5.5.8.2 (ASPI Version 2.0.1.44 in the Nero directory) and the fault returned. I tried to copy this over to the System32 so both files were the same but after reboot the fault remained.

The only way I could get it working again was to down grade Nero to 5.5.7.2 and then make sure ASPI version 2.0.1.41 was in both directories - Then after reboot all was well again.

I can only assume that ASPI versions higher than 2.0.1.41 do not like the Liteon40X as my Pioneer A04 did not have these issues.

Oh well, something for the techies to fix :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Bill

Originally posted by OC-Freak
Do it work when writing normal data? And not an image file.

Hi OC-Freak,

Yes - data worked ok, it was just when trying to write from an image file (bin/cue) on the Liteon - Pioneer A04 worked fine.

Best Regards

Bill

I have the same problem you do WIldBill. I am using windows XP
1.4 amd tbird 512 mb ddr, 7200 HD 120 gb WD, 40125S 40x cd-r liteon. It came with a nero CD, 5.5.7.2 I copied the wnaspi32.dll file in the nero dir over to the windows/system32 dir and the version is 2.0.1.41 in both. I will get the mdium not empty error for bin/cues, regular recording, or vcd creation. I use cdrwin 3.8G and successfully burn bin/cues. but i really need nero to cread svcd, and vcd from mpeg files :frowning: ANyone have any suggestions? I did upgrade the firmware to ZS0A.

Had a similar problem using XP. “Downgraded” to Win2000.
Works fine now and am able to burn bin/cue with Nero 5.5.8.2

Originally posted by jim7498
I have the same problem you do WIldBill. I am using windows XP
1.4 amd tbird 512 mb ddr, 7200 HD 120 gb WD, 40125S 40x cd-r liteon. It came with a nero CD, 5.5.7.2 I copied the wnaspi32.dll file in the nero dir over to the windows/system32 dir and the version is 2.0.1.41 in both. I will get the mdium not empty error for bin/cues, regular recording, or vcd creation. I use cdrwin 3.8G and successfully burn bin/cues. but i really need nero to cread svcd, and vcd from mpeg files :frowning: ANyone have any suggestions? I did upgrade the firmware to ZS0A.

Hi,

Sorry to hear you still have the problem :frowning:
You could try the following.

1. Uninstall nero - reboot.
  2. Delete the Nero folder (if still remaining).
  3. Use reg clearner and remove any left over Nero entries.
  4. Delete the WNASPI32.dll in the windows/system32 Directory - Reboot.
  5. Install Nero 5.5.72 and before the reboot copy the WNASPI32.dll from the Nero directory to the windows/system32 folder. Now reboot and all should.

I know there are a lot of reboots but this is the only way I could get it working - must be something to do with Windows XP registering the ASPI files etc.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: let me know how you get on :wink:

Best Regards

Bill

Still no luck. I think a reformat or a downgrade to windows 2000 might work…

Upgraded to latest firmware ZSOJ and it works fine!

wild bill have you tired the new firmware ZSOJ ???

Hi,

I had already flashed to the 48X firmware and all was working well. Below is the fix Nero tech suggests - It may help someone that still has the issue.

Best Regards

Bill.

Dear Customer,

Please read and do the following:

Start with a clean slate and install Nero 5582(latest version) as a full version by doing the following:

Discard the old Nero CD.

Uninstall the old version of Nero(NeroMedia Player, InCD, Nero Burning Rom) through control panel>add/remove programs. Then search for these two files “nerocd95.vxd” and “neroshx.dll” and delete them and restart the pc afterwards. Then download “Nero5582.exe” and “InCD3280up.exe” from http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm. It is now available. It is compatible with Windows XP. Be sure to make a backup of your registry before installing. You may experience download problems due to heavy traffic on Ahead’s Servers. Try later.

Note: Please take note of the serial number of the old version Nero before uninstalling it. It is required to unlock you from using the Demo version. If your serial key is nowhere to be found, search for it in the registry; do the following: If you still have Nero installed on your computer, and you have lost your Nero serial key, or never had it, you can obtain it in this fashion.

Click on “Start>run”. Type “regedit”, click “ok”.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder and under

SOFTWARE>AHEAD>NERO BURNING-ROM>INFO and look for the SERIAL and the key will look like…

15xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx