LiteOn LTR-24102B IDE CD-RW review @ CDRinfo

vbimport

I just posted the article LiteOn LTR-24102B IDE CD-RW review @ CDRinfo.

CDRinfo mailed us that they have a review of the LiteOn LTR-24102B IDE CD-RW. It supports 24x writing, 10x re-writing, 40x reading and “Smart-BURN” anti-buffer underrun technology. Here is a snip…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/2233-LiteOn-LTR-24102B-IDE-CD-RW-review--CDRinfo.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/2233-LiteOn-LTR-24102B-IDE-CD-RW-review--CDRinfo.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The new Lite-On IS the same dive as the new Plextor 24/10/40… I have posted it in another thread. Funny that Plextor resorted to Lite-On tech to bypas the safedisk 2 problem. Budget minded guyz would get the Lite-On, personally I have already ordered a Plex 24/10. C’mon guyz, buy, buy, buy…LOL.

You really think its the same… lol… I’m wondering if this drive has passed the BURN-Proof authorization. While it says Smart-BURN, it does use BURN-Proof. I hope there aren’t more lawsuits in the future if they sell the drive without getting it approved.

coasterilla: The Plextor 24/10/40 and Lite-On 24/10/40 are complete different drives and have nothing to do with each other.

The only differences I can see is in the buffer underrun protection technology. All other specs are identical.

What do specs say about the insides? Many people claimed that Plextor drives were actually Sanyo drives because of the similar specs. This is not true. Plextor does indeed use a few Sanyo components (LSI chipset and laser pickup), but all the rest (electronics, firmware, PCB, mechanism,…) is developped by Plextor and built in home or by another manufacturer under authority of Plextor. Later was insinuated that the 12/10/32 Lite-On drives (and later models) were Plextor drives. Again not true. If you ever have the chance to get hands on both units, open 'em and compare the insides. You’ll see that they are completely different, despite the similar specs. That doesn’t mean there are no rebadged Plextors out there. Certain series of Creative’s 8/4/32 and 12/10/32, Iomega’s 12/10/32 and a few others are indeed rebadged OEM Plextor drives…