Liteon ltr-12101b under xp

Hi all,

I’ve been running my Liteon ltr-12101b for a couple of years under ME with no problems. I upgraded to XP pro and noticed that one of my games (Sudden Strike) couldn’t detect the Cd in the drive anymore.

This didn’t bother me too much as every other CD works fine. But I just bought Battlefield 1942 and have the same problem. In fact, the drive light stays on for about 10 mins before the autoplay kicks in. Then when I go to play I get the “cannot locate CD Rom” message. I did however manage to install eventually - I just can’t play.

I tried the disks on a pals computer and they are fine - its something local to me.

I’ve tried everything that Electronic Arts have suggested but can’t fix it - I’m on the point of buying a new drive but thought I’d give you guys a go first.

Is there anything I can do to even update the drivers - my current ones are MS 5.1 2335.0 dated 1/7/2001 but I can’t find anything newer. Has anyone else had a problem with this drive?

Kind regards

Originally posted by sierragolf

I’ve tried everything that Electronic Arts have suggested but can’t fix it -
I’m on the point of buying a new drive but thought I’d give you guys a go first.

Don’t waste your time and get a new, more modern drive.
I had this one a couple years back and it gave me lotta headaches and coasters when burning w CCD.

Other sugeestions > disable IMAPI , install ASPI.