Liteon LTD163D firmware

vbimport

Which is the best firmware to use for reading in images etc. I’ve got GHR3 which is ok but not the latest. Any advice??

Give Digitri’s site a look over, it helped me enormously, and it has a nice selection of newer firmwares for you. I personally use the GHR7.

Hope that helps …

GHR3 is the best for audio extraction. Others are buggy!

hey guys why u dont post your views. :confused:

i have this drive 163d and same firmware, btw does the dvd region utility work with the new firmwares?

anyway guys wat you think does it really affect the audio ripping?
and wat else do these new firmawares do apart from match more media.

thanks for any input. :wink:
aj2001:D

Match More Media on a DVD-ROM drive?

Yes RPCDE works with newer firmwares, and I believe that audio caching is enabled on the newer firmwares whereas it isn’t on older ones. Audio caching slowed down ripping I think…

A bit of clarification here: This model has always had audio caching enabled. Caching audio data only slows ripping with EAC in secure mode. It has absolutely no effect on ripping speed in burst mode or ripping with any other application.

GHR7 is an excellent overall firmware according to many owners.

heu mango thanks for that.

can you please also tell us how to update in such a way that we can go back to the older firmware just incase.

I read on anthore web site that the new firmwares also slow down DVD ripping from abt 10-15x to abt 2-7x

Also the GHR7 is much faster at recognising the dvds, where as GHR3 might take time, this new one is very quick. All this I read from anthore web site.

regards
aj.

the other web site was found when i searched in google.

Ghr3, ghr6 and ghr7 are available in binary format, so you can easily restore with Mtkwinflash or Mtkflash.
If your current fw is not one of those (probably ghr2 or ghr5) make a backup of it first with Mtkflash. If you do, please send it over so I can post it in my binaries page

cheers

Originally posted by aj2001
I read on anthore web site that the new firmwares also slow down DVD ripping from abt 10-15x to abt 2-7x

I can confirm this to be the case, at least on my system, but I can live with it as it seems to be the best overall firmware I have tried.

:eek: the mtkflash tool looks very scarry as it can wreck your drive so i would like a real way of using it, since my drive does take time to recognise the dvd’s and some times the cd’s i might try the ghr7 I have the orignal ghr3. that was allready in the drive.

and does the region rpce2 for windows work for this ghr7. please confirm, and please do someone direct me to a step bye step mtkflash thing, since there is alos a windows version. which is even more scarry.

aj

take care, windows does have a habit of freezing at the worst times. (BAd time doesnt tell you whan it will happen) [u know]

what do u mean a “real” way of using it? mtkflash is a very reliable flashing tool, and even if a misflash occurs, u can use it to revive the drive.

if u want a step by step guide to using it, u might want to look at the sticky post at the top of this forum entitled “OC-Freak’s Firmware collection and MTKFLASH guide.” there’s a rumor going around that it may have a little something to do with using mtkflash. :rolleyes:

mtkflash it the coolest Firmware flasher ever! Countless drives have been saved by it.

Guides:

[ol]
[li]OC-Freak’s Firmware collection and MTKFLASH guide
[/li][li](my) mtkflash guide
[/li][li]My mtkflash page[/ol]
[/li]
There are more…

aj2001, if you are unsure of using MTKFLASH, then grab the exe version of GHR7 off Digitri’s site, thats what I used and it was fine, however if anything does go wrong, you know that you can resort to MTKFLASH if needed (but I doubt it will, I dont want to put you off). Also, yes the RPCE2 will work with GHR7 :).

I was in a similar position as yourself a little while back, being a little apprehensive etc, but dont worry I am sure if I can flash upgrade without a hitch, anyone can :D. Plus you have all these very helpful people around on this forum that can guide you. Have fun with your new GHR7 F/W drive.

Thanks dude for your support

There are some very nice people here.

Mango please can you tell me why you have 3 differnt files on your site for ghr-7 for lite-on 163D???

Please let me know, thanks i will go on to this new version just for the sake of it with the guide on here and mango and others sites.

I will use the DOs one as my windows me is unrelible.
I will disconect the lite writer from the ide just for safety.

should work ,i hope
i will also make a back-up copy of the firmware.

Hey also if you lcok your drive to rpc2 to one region, can you then re-flash and clear it all???

I am new to this so bear with me
thanks
aj

Mango please can you tell me why you have 3 differnt files on your site for ghr-7 for lite-on 163D???

One is a binary backup, one is a DOS executable flasher, the other is a Windows Flasher.

Hey also if you lcok your drive to rpc2 to one region, can you then re-flash and clear it all???

Why not just disable the region counter with RPCDE? :cool:

Thanks to all of you and digitris web site where i got the ghr-7 and yes i did it and it doesnt take that much time does it.

It was very fast, but agian i booted with win-me startup disk and then i had allready made the batch files lol copying the command and then pasted them in a batch file. its worth knowing bit of DOS.

anywhere i backed up the old ghr-3 version and now have the ghr-7. I have not noticed any differnce yet. but i have the option to go back.

ALSO the region check has gone back which is cool. and i have used the rpcde2 and disabled it. The only problem is the Hollywood plus+ decoder card for which i use remote selector.

Thanks to all the nice people on the other side of the screen , take care
aj