Liteon Lh20a1

CAN ANYONE OUT THEIR HELP!I HAVE JUST BOUGHT THE ABOVE DRIVE WHICH IS SET TO MASTER AND HAVE ALSO BOUGHT A PIONEER 112D SET TO SLAVE.THEY ARE ON DMA SETTINGS BUT WHEN I PUT FILM INTO LITEON AND TRY TO BURN AT 16X WITH VERBATIM MEDIA TO PIONEER 112D IT TAKES AROUND 8 MINS TO BURN.WHEN I DO THE SAME WITH 8X RITEK GO5 IT WILL ONLY BURN UPTO 6X AND TAKES FOREVER?

I ALSO TRIED READING FROM PIONEER 112D AND BURNING TO LITEON LH20A1 USING RITEK GO5 AT 8X.YET AGAIN I COULD ONLY BURN UPTO 6X WHICH TOOK ALMOST 11 MINUTES.

I BURNED FROM USB 2 PIONEER 108 TO PIONEER 112D AT 8X USING RITEK G05 AND IT TOOK 9 MINS,THAT DIDNT SEEM TO BAD TO ME ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS?

I HAVE STARTED TO BY VERBATIM 16X MEDIA ADVDInfo: MCC 03RG20
NOW I HAVE 2 16X DRIVES BUT I HAVE HAD LOADS OF COASTERS,COULD BE FAULTY BATCH I GUESS.

First off turn caps off. When burning are you using the on-the-fly method ?? if so that may be the problem, when using on-the-fly i think its better that both drives are on seperate ide cables.

I agree copy on the fly requires two separate IDE connectors and cable. ie IDE 1 liteon and IDE2 Pioneer. Or if you have a IDE controller card put one IDE connector to one drive and the second IDE connector to the second drive. Your coasters should given you a indication there was a problem. Espically if the coasters are coming from verbatim media.

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;1914999]First off turn caps off. When burning are you using the on-the-fly method ?? if so that may be the problem, when using on-the-fly i think its better that both drives are on seperate ide cables.[/QUOTE]

iam burning on the fly.ihave donefor many years with no problems.how do i connect to different ide cables?
all i know is they are connected as follows device 0 = ultra dma 5device 1 = ultra dma mode 4 both are set to dma if available

[QUOTE=choofa;1915217]iam burning on the fly.ihave donefor many years with no problems.how do i connect to different ide cables?
all i know is they are connected as follows device 0 = ultra dma 5device 1 = ultra dma mode 4 both are set to dma if available[/QUOTE]

First what kinda motherboard do you have and do you have any IDE controller cards installed? But most motherboard unless you have Sata connectors should come with at least 2 IDE connectors on the motherboard. They should be clearly marked IDE1 and IDE2.
example:
Your HDD is connected to IDE1 as master so you would also on the same connector connect the Pioneer as slave on IDE1. And for IDE2 you would connect the Liteon as master if you have something else connected to IDE2 with the burner but if you don’t have anything-you would take out or switch the jumper so it doesn’t set to CS or MS or SL setup. Why?? Otherwise your computer will be confused and will not burn at proper speed or read correctly.

[QUOTE=choofa;1915217]iam burning on the fly.ihave donefor many years with no problems.how do i connect to different ide cables?
all i know is they are connected as follows device 0 = ultra dma 5device 1 = ultra dma mode 4 both are set to dma if available[/QUOTE]

Coolcolors has outlined it nicely.

BTW, didn’t we discuss this before?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1915251]First what kinda motherboard do you have and do you have any IDE controller cards installed? But most motherboard unless you have Sata connectors should come with at least 2 IDE connectors on the motherboard. They should be clearly marked IDE1 and IDE2.
example:
Your HDD is connected to IDE1 as master so you would also on the same connector connect the Pioneer as slave on IDE1. And for IDE2 you would connect the Liteon as master if you have something else connected to IDE2 with the burner but if you don’t have anything-you would take out or switch the jumper so it doesn’t set to CS or MS or SL setup. Why?? Otherwise your computer will be confused and will not burn at proper speed or read correctly.[/QUOTE]this is the spec but it now has 160 GB H/D AND PIONEER 112D WRITER AND LITEON LH20A1 WRITER

Genuine Windows XP Home Edition (SP2)
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 524 with HT Technology
(3.06GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache)
ATI Radeon Xpress 200
512MB DDR
Expandable to 2GB RAM
80GB (7200rpm, 2MB cache) HDD
16x multiformat dual-layer DVD±RW drive (up to 8.5GB with dual-layer media)
Write max: 16x DVD±R, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 4x DVD+R DL, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW
Read max: 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-ROM
9-in-1 Digital Media Manager (Secure Digital, Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Compact Flash, MultimediaCard, xD-Picture Card, USB 2.0)
ATI Radeon X300-based integrated graphics
Up to 128MB of shared video memory
PCI-Express® (PCI-E x16) slot available
6-channel (5.1) high-definition audio
10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
56K ITU V.92 ready fax/modem (RJ-11 port)
Premium multimedia keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers (USB powered)
5 USB 2.0 (1 in Digital Media Manager, 4 in back), VGA external connector, serial port, parallel port, 2 PS/2 ports (keyboard and mouse), 5 audio ports (2 in front, 3 in back)
362mm (H) x 184mm (W) x 406mm (D)
10.2 kg

[QUOTE=Arachne;1915362]Coolcolors has outlined it nicely.

BTW, didn’t we discuss this before?[/QUOTE]
any chance you can help me withthis liteon issue please.i have looked atide controllers and ido have 2one for h/d and the other is from motherboard to both burners.coolcolors said to connect one of the burners to h/d and the other to the other ide slot.wherethe h/d is their is connection which goes into the burner but it will not reach?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1915251]First what kinda motherboard do you have and do you have any IDE controller cards installed? But most motherboard unless you have Sata connectors should come with at least 2 IDE connectors on the motherboard. They should be clearly marked IDE1 and IDE2.
example:
Your HDD is connected to IDE1 as master so you would also on the same connector connect the Pioneer as slave on IDE1. And for IDE2 you would connect the Liteon as master if you have something else connected to IDE2 with the burner but if you don’t have anything-you would take out or switch the jumper so it doesn’t set to CS or MS or SL setup. Why?? Otherwise your computer will be confused and will not burn at proper speed or read correctly.[/QUOTE]

this is the spec but it now has 160 GB H/D AND PIONEER 112D WRITER AND LITEON LH20A1 WRITER

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 524 with HT Technology
(3.06GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache)
ATI Radeon Xpress 200
512MB DDR
Expandable to 2GB RAM
80GB (7200rpm, 2MB cache) HDD
16x multiformat dual-layer DVD±RW drive (up to 8.5GB with dual-layer media)
Write max: 16x DVD±R, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 4x DVD+R DL, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW
Read max: 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-ROM
9-in-1 Digital Media Manager (Secure Digital, Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Compact Flash, MultimediaCard, xD-Picture Card, USB 2.0)
ATI Radeon X300-based integrated graphics
Up to 128MB of shared video memory
PCI-Express® (PCI-E x16) slot available
6-channel (5.1) high-definition audio
10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
56K ITU V.92 ready fax/modem (RJ-11 port)
Premium multimedia keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers (USB powered)
5 USB 2.0 (1 in Digital Media Manager, 4 in back), VGA external connector, serial port, parallel port, 2 PS/2 ports (keyboard and mouse), 5 audio ports (2 in front, 3 in back)
362mm (H) x 184mm (W) x 406mm (D)
10.2 kg

You’ll need two IDE ports on your motherboard - if you have two, they should be marked on the mobo IDE1 and IDE2.

Again Coolcolors has said everything I could. :slight_smile:

HDD + one DVD drive on IDE1, and one DVD drive alone on IDE2 is how I’d have it to burn on the fly. With both DVD drives on one cable you’re stuck with the speeds that you’re getting now.

[QUOTE=Arachne;1915460]You’ll need two IDE ports on your motherboard - if you have two, they should be marked on the mobo IDE1 and IDE2.

HDD + one DVD drive on IDE1, and one DVD drive alone on IDE2 is how I’d have it to burn on the fly. With both DVD drives on one cable you’re stuck with the speeds that you’re getting now.[/QUOTE]

how do i put hdd and dvd drive on 1 cable.i have looked at my set up and both burners are connected to ide1 the other cable must be ide2 which goes straight to the hdd.their is connection from hdd which goes to burner but cable is not long enough.is it a case of getting some different ide cables?

[QUOTE=choofa;1915739]how do i put hdd and dvd drive on 1 cable.i have looked at my set up and both burners are connected to ide1 the other cable must be ide2 which goes straight to the hdd.their is connection from hdd which goes to burner but cable is not long enough.is it a case of getting some different ide cables?[/QUOTE]

i have now got both burners on cable select as well for time been

[QUOTE=Arachne;1915460]You’ll need two IDE ports on your motherboard - if you have two, they should be marked on the mobo IDE1 and IDE2.

HDD + one DVD drive on IDE1, and one DVD drive alone on IDE2 is how I’d have it to burn on the fly. With both DVD drives on one cable you’re stuck with the speeds that you’re getting now.[/QUOTE]

how do i put hdd and dvd drive on 1 cable.i have looked at my set up and both burners are connected to ide1 the other cable must be ide2 which goes straight to the hdd.their is connection from hdd which goes to burner but cable is not long enough.is it a case of getting some different ide cables?i have now got both burners on cable select as well for time been

[QUOTE=choofa;1915746]how do i put hdd and dvd drive on 1 cable.i have looked at my set up and both burners are connected to ide1 the other cable must be ide2 which goes straight to the hdd.their is connection from hdd which goes to burner but cable is not long enough.is it a case of getting some different ide cables?i have now got both burners on cable select as well for time been[/QUOTE]

First, I would not put your HDD if is the boot drive on IDE2 most users put their HDD on IDE1. If your cable are to short you will have to go and spend some money on longer IDE cable but make sure they are 80 pin as for ribbon or round that is something you will have to decide on some have said that round cable gave cross interference. And when you get the new IDE cable they should have labels on them stating which is the connector to motherboard IDE and which one are to the IDE hardware devices. I am going on that your using IDE2 with your HDD as the boot drive set the HDD jumper to master and either burner to slave and connect that onto the second connector on the cable. Then if your using IDE1 put that with either burner you pick on the last connector of the cable but don’t set the jumper for MS, SL, or CS as this will decrease your burn and access and maybe cause problems down the line. The set is almost straight forward you have to make sure you look at your HDD and burner as they will have diagrams to indicate whether to set SL, MS, CS, or jumper setting that does nothing but is for single drive cable setup.