LITEON LH-20A1S vs Sony AD-7220S as a DVD scanner

Hello everyone!

I want to buy a drive mainly to scan my DVDs. Up to now I use the Samsung SH-S223Q for that purpose. I’m between the LITEON LH-20A1S and the Sony AD-7220S. The latter, as I read here, can be crossflashed to a Lite-On iHAS322 (if I remember exactly the model).

Which one would you pick up? Reasoning?

Do you think it is worthy to change my Samsung with one of these?

Thank you!

[QUOTE=yyy;2282521]Hello everyone!

I want to buy a drive mainly to scan my DVDs. Up to now I use the Samsung SH-S223Q for that purpose. I’m between the LITEON LH-20A1S and the Sony AD-7220S. The latter, as I read here, can be crossflashed to a Lite-On iHAS322 (if I remember exactly the model).

Thank you![/QUOTE]

The 20A1S is an older drive.

[QUOTE=yyy;2282521]Hello everyone!

Thank you![/QUOTE]
Easy choice for me :). The AD-7220S. Crossflashed mine to iHAS322 and enjoy its 8X SL and DL scanning ability. As well as DL jitter scanning. As an added bonus, COdeKing is releasing tweaked firmware for it currently, it keeps getting better. The A1 was OK, but you won’t see many scans done with it anymore. More difficult to compare the quality of your burns or media with others. The (1-2-3-4)22 is commonly seen for scanning. Faster 8X scanning is a big plus on a busy day, too :iagree:.

2-0 for the Sony up to now! It looks like an easy choice for you.
Thank you both :flower:

What about SL jitter scanning? :confused:

Faster 8X scanning is a big plus on a busy day, too

Definitely :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=yyy;2283035]2-0 for the Sony up to now! It looks like an easy choice for you.
Thank you both :flower: What about SL jitter scanning? :confused:[/QUOTE]
You’re welcome :). Mentioned DL jitter because the A1(A4) can’t do it. The 7220(322) also does SL jitter with CK’s modded iHAS CD-DVD Speed found in this forum.