LiteOn LH-20A1S unstable burning results

vbimport

Hi,
I have a LiteOn LH-20A1S with firmware 9L09, and lattelly I am getting very unstable burning results.
I am using Verbatim DVD+R 16x MIT, and burning at 12x.
Here are the typical good and bad results:

This results were obtained in the same day, one after the other, with dvd+r from the same box. I have more examples like this, I only have not kept the images for reference.

I have tryed several discs, and it seems the problem is related to the OPC history. If I clean it, the first burned cd is like the good image, the second and all the others next, are like the bad image, or even worse.
I also disabled FHT and OHT options, and even Smart Burn.
I thought I have found the problem, but the last time I have burned a dvd, using the method above, the result was like the bad image.

This is very annoying, because when I burn a dvd, I don’t know what will be the result, I have to run a DiscSpeed test after each burn to see if its reliable.

What do you think about it, could it be a defective burner? I have such great results sometimes that make me believe it’s not that…

I have found that the warmer the drive gets, the results get worse. I always wait about 1/2 hour between burns and let the drive cool off.

here are my scan at first burn…

LITE-ON LH-20A1S (20x, SATA)
Firmware: 20A1S.9L08.patched-fb-eos-eoht

DVD-R RITEKF1 @ 8x

DVD-R RITEKF1 @ 12x

DVD-R RITEKF1 @ 16x

[QUOTE=yesgrey3;2157078]What do you think about it, could it be a defective burner? I have such great results sometimes that make me believe it’s not that…[/QUOTE]
have you tried DVD+R DL?
check here http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-lh-20a1s-cant-burn-verbatim-dvd-r-dl-mkm-003-a-251798/

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2157084]I have found that the warmer the drive gets, the results get worse. I always wait about 1/2 hour between burns and let the drive cool off.[/QUOTE]
I have this drive for more than a year, and always with good results, even with several burns one after the other. Only recently this problem started…
I will try again to see if I can find any pattern in the bad burnings…

[QUOTE=balthiez;2157191]have you tried DVD+R DL?
check here http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-lh-20a1s-cant-burn-verbatim-dvd-r-dl-mkm-003-a-251798/[/QUOTE]
No, I never use them, too expensive. But thanks for sharing your results.

Well, I think I have solved my problem.
I have disabled all burning options only keeping Online Hyper Tuning ON and now I only burn at 4x. Yes, I know it’s a bit slow, but is better slow good burns than fast good coasters…

Look:

Good burn. In my testing, the OHT feature in C0deKing’s modified firmware provides benefits too, much more than in the stock F/W.

[QUOTE=yesgrey3;2171336]now I only burn at 4x.[/QUOTE]

Have tested 6x and still getting good burns. It’s my burning speed now. With 8x I also get good burns, but from time to time there is one or another not so good. With 6x I always get quality score >= 93 in DiscSpeed… :smiley: