LiteOn LH-20A1H shows double speed in scans

Hi

Just bought a 20A1H and for its first write did a test (using old CMC disc) with CD-DVD Speed.

Indicated speed seems to be double the true setting, on write and scan, same with KProbe! :confused:

Anybody got any ideas please?
As everyone else seems OK I guess it must be something with my setup.

Also don’t know why it says CPU usage 100%, checked task manager and was running about 5%.

Ignore the write dips around 3.5, my fault ran up other software, oops

16X P-CAV burn !!! :eek:

I don’t know what is going on with your burner/setup but I suggest testing the drive with another PC

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1949690]16X P-CAV burn !!! :eek:

I don’t know what is going on with your burner/setup but I suggest testing the drive with another PC[/QUOTE]

No, if you look at the time IT IS writing at 8X, its just the software that is showing the wrong speed.

Also noticed that my 52X CD-RW is showing as over 100X read/write, CD Speed and Kprobe!:disagree:

Gets stranger.

I’d follow minaelromany’s suggestion; try the burner in another setup. It’s highly possible that some software or hardware conflict is causing CD-DVD Speed to chart graphs like that.

Would you also please list the details of your current hardware configuration? :slight_smile:

OK I followed your suggestions and used all my hardware with a setup of Windows XP. (Currently running Windows 2000 Pro)

All OK, so it is not a Liteon/CD-DVD Speed/Kprobe problem, it is a Windows 2000/Driver problem.

Will have to post in another forum to find how the hardware communicates the speed to the software, to troubleshoot.

This post is obviously in the wrong section.
If possible could you move it to a more suitable section?
Thanks

[QUOTE=Sonic2171;1950528]Moderator

This post is obviously in the wrong section.
If possible could you move it to a more suitable section?
Thanks[/QUOTE]I think your better here in LO forum. C0deKing frequents this one.

Edit:
Can you reproduce this [B]every time[/B]?

[QUOTE=rolling56;1950531]I think your better here in LO forum. C0deKing frequents this one.

Edit:
Can you reproduce this [B]every time[/B]?[/QUOTE]

I think you are right I will wait and see what is posted.

I have already had my wrist slapped for cross posting this question in another thread :o

New information to this thread. I am continuing with this thread, although not a strictly a LiteOn problem, see above post.

I have discovered that the CD-DVD Speed 2X speed graph is when my AMD processor is idle and the multiplier switches from 10X to 5X (Cool n quiet).

If I disable the cool n quiet or cause the cpu to switch back to 10X multiplier the graph is correct.

Why does the processor speed/multiplier affect the read/write speed displayed by CD-DVD Speed :confused:

[QUOTE=Sonic2171;1967055]New information to this thread. I am continuing with this thread, although not a strictly a LiteOn problem, see above post.

I have discovered that the CD-DVD Speed 2X speed graph is when my AMD processor is idle and the multiplier switches from 10X to 5X (Cool n quiet).

If I disable the cool n quiet or cause the cpu to switch back to 10X multiplier the graph is correct.

Why does the processor speed/multiplier affect the read/write speed displayed by CD-DVD Speed :confused:[/QUOTE]

I’ve been experiencing a similar problem with cd-dvd speed; at least now I know what’s causing it.

Interestingly, for me, I had no problem with CnQ and a single core CPU. But I recently upgraded to an X2, and now the speed is all over the map. I’m also experiencing a nasty problem with the screen failing to redraw when switching from cd-dvd speed to other applications.

Hopefully, they will address these issues in a future release.