Liteon LDW811-s DVD 8x reconize as 2x

vbimport

Hi !

I have post this thread in another forum, I didn’t see that there is a liteon forum, so un repost here. sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve just bought Datawrite Classic 8x DVD (yellow)

When I try to burn a DVD with nero, I can’t burn faster than 2x ?

I have the last version of nero

I have HSOR firmware.

I see that it is possible to modify something in the firmware to ‘add’ this kind of DVD.

Help please

Thanks

what mediacode do the discs have? check with smartburn: http://www.liteonit.com/odd/Zip/SmartBurn3110.zip

if they are -r, you can only burn them @4x with your drive.

Yes they are -r but i would like to burn them at 4x.

here is the mediacode (i use it on another drive that 811s because i’m not at home at this moment)

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD-R (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 43 4D 43 20 4D 41 (CMC MA)
Disc TID = 47 2E 20 41 45 31 (G. AE1)
Nominal Capacity = 4.14GB
Manufacturer Maybe = CMC Magnetics Corporation
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 2.0X (Write)

the mediacode of your discs is not available in 811s firmware. so it uses generic speed (2x). get MediaCodeSpeedEditTool by ala42 to add this mediacode to the firmware.
look here for more infos: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=114269

ok I’ll look at this, thx a lot

have a nice day

finally it works !

I found a binary version on the HS0R firmware (the exe from liteonit didn’t load in mediacodespeededit)
It loads all the media reconize, I get the data of my media from dvd identifier and load it into the firmware.

But I have some questions. I have to replace a existing media from the firmware and I can’t add a new one, is it normal ?
I can’t change the media speed, so I have to replace a media with the speed I want is it a bug ?

Thx

You have to use a raw .bin file or an unscrambled .exe flasher as available on the codeguys site.

It loads all the media reconize, I get the data of my media from dvd identifier and load it into the firmware.

But I have some questions. I have to replace a existing media from the firmware and I can’t add a new one, is it normal ?

Yes. You find an explaination on the MCSE homepage.

I can’t change the media speed, so I have to replace a media with the speed I want is it a bug ?

Changing the speed id with a 811 firmware should work. As long as you use omnipatcher to change to one of the well known writing strategies this did not matter, even if it would not work, which I have to doubt.
You have to be aware that a 411/811 drive can not burn -R media faster than 4x. That is a hardware limitation.