LiteON LDW-851SX Problem

vbimport

hi i am looking for some help or advice concerning the problem that i have with my drive…for some strange reason as of a few hours ago it wont read any cd-r that i put in it…music…game…nothing…but it reads dvd-r and dvds just fine…and it burns dvds fine also…but no cdr media that i put in it will come up…i tried a lot of music cds that i purchased at best buy…i tried video cds that ihave even some program cds nothing…it just says no disc in drive…is there any way to solve this problem or do i have to just go and buy another drive :sad: :sad:

Let’s see if we could rule out any system configuration problems. Since this is the SX, it should be fairly easy to try the drive on another computer. If it still exhibits these same problems when connected to another computer, then there’s a good chance that it’s a bad drive.

i didnt even think of that.thanks for the advice…and yea…it does the same thing when hooked up to my other pc… :sad: :sad: :sad: …it must be abad drvie…this sucks…because i had it more than 30 days so no return to best buy :sad: :sad: :sad:

Huh. That’s really weird that it still does DVDs fine and not CDs. :confused:

Too bad about the warranty being expired. :sad:

Have you tried flashing to the latest GS0K firmware found on the official LiteOn website? Probably won’t help much, but at this point, there doesn’t seem to be any harm in trying.