LiteOn LDW-851S

vbimport

Hello,
this is my 1st post and sorry if i repeat but i viewed almost all nessesary posts at this forum and still dont know if i have to flash my burner or not?
I have GS0C FirmWare as default i didnt do any flashes (my mainboard have Nforce2 chipset)
And here i ask ppl who got this model of LiteOn : Which FirmWare You prefer (which is the best for both +/- burning and what dvd media do You use ?)
Im confused :confused: and dont know what to do but i know that i lost a few of dvd media because dvd burner couldnt read the data of the burned discs :sad:

Thank You for Replying

I bought the LDW851s about 2 months ago and almost sent it back in the first week I had it. I bought some Bulkpaq -R media from Novatech in Portsmouth for about £13 for 25 on a spindle. Each time I burned a disk there was this kind of crunching noise and my standalone had no end of problems reading them.

I flashed to the latest firmware, GSOF?? I think, which made it even worse. Then I discovered the k-probe tool and scanned some of the discs I’d written. I had PI errors up in the 300s and when It first started scanning it gave me an error, something like ‘servo error, media error - servo tracking media’.

I was convinced my drive was bad and was all ready to send it back. Then I found some Ritek 4x -R media on SVP (www.svp.co.uk) for about £13 for 25 and thought I’d give them a whirl before I sent the drive back.

My first spindle of 25 came and went without a single coaster. PI errors average 2-3 and PO 0.005. Superb burning with these discs and I’m getting better results on GSOC, though I hear that GSOF may be better for +R.

My advice is test some discs you’ve written with k-probe and see what the errors are like. Also, buy some quality media before you start flashing the drive. Maybe someone else here will give you different advice but I rekon bad results are probably due to bad media 99% of the time.

Good luck.

Where i can download this k-probe ?

Kprobe and please take your time to read, how to use it… :slight_smile:

TY Pinto2
Got last question about DVD REGION FREE - do i have to always have this programm opened during any burning of DATA/MOVIES/AUDIO etc etc ???

TY for Reply

Originally posted by Assass1N
TY Pinto2
Got last question about DVD REGION FREE - do i have to always have this programm opened during any burning of DATA/MOVIES/AUDIO etc etc ???
TY for Reply

Not during burning, to my knowledge… :slight_smile:
Make a read-in here
DVD REGION FREE…]

BTW, you can disable the region protection for you drive with the tool found here