LiteON LDW-851S

I see LiteON has a new drive listed. The LDW-851S. Anyone know the differences between the 851S and the 411S?

I guess it is the same difference as stated in another thread as between 411 and 451.

Difference is other pickup head providing better access time. Nothing more it seems.

Where are the firmware updates for these drives ?

im sick of seeing all these new liteon drives poping up after i bought my LDW-411S, im going to solve all my problems and buy a pioneer 106/A06

And when the DVR-107D is released soon will you solve your problems by dumping the DVR-106D? Do you have a problem with technical progress?

Does anyone really know what the difference between the “5” series drives and the “1” series is? I have seen some speculation, but does anyone know for sure? Has anyone backed up the firmware in the “5” series drives?

Well, I don’t know about anyone else - but I am most def. going to be running for the A07/107 Pioneer 8x drive.

All the same, I will wait to hear some experiences with the drive, THEN I will buy one - never leap first and ask questions later…

My 811S drive seems to be working great like my 411S does. I tried burning two movies on Memorex 4X DVD+R discs at 8X. They burned quick and the files were verified. Checked the movies out in the DVD player and I had no problems. I wish I would have realized this a few days ago. I spent $44 on 25 Ritek 8X discs when I could have just bought another spindle of 25 Memorex 4X discs for $28.50.

Originally posted by dhc014
And when the DVR-107D is released soon will you solve your problems by dumping the DVR-106D? Do you have a problem with technical progress?

it wont bother me when the 107 is released because the 106 will still work unlike 411S liteon trash

Hmm, I guess my trash does an excellent job. Over 150 burns on Memorex media(4X)(DVD+R, DVD-R, and DVD+RW) with my 411S and not a single coaster. I wish all trash was this good!
And after a rough start with my 811S(forgot to move from slave to cable select on jumper)The 811S seems to be following in the trashy footsteps of the 411S. AN excellent burner. On Christmas, my whole family will have one in each PC.

Does Anybody know if Nero 5.5.0.54 will work with LDW-851S or 811? I believe Nero software is not supplied with the Retail version of 811 and 851.

IT is not supplied. I don’t know about version 5.5 but v6.23 works.

http://www.z-com.de/detail13214.htm
i found this and it looks like this drive is a x8 dvd-r drive to i may be mistaken cos i can only read english hehe
but here
http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/new_p_e/english--p-drw8440-5.htm
its says its only x4 dvd-r
whats the point of this drive when there is the 811s why cannt liteon stop messing around with making this drive and give us a better firmware update for the 811s owners :cop:

Must be patient!

:bow: