Here you can find information about LDW 811s 8xDVD+R

http://www.hardware.info/nieuws.php#2377

I wonder: Is it possible that it’s only firmware upgraded LDW 411s ?:confused:

Hehe,

looks like the start of the next discussion:

“Can I flash my 401s to 811s?”
“811s-is it really available now?”

:bigsmile:

you know at this point if i was a moderator id just delete all threads or if its just a messages in a thread then delete them… or remove the info… this is out of control

Originally posted by siliconsoul
you know at this point if i was a moderator id just delete all threads or if its just a messages in a thread then delete them… or remove the info… this is out of control

Nah, mass deletion of threads/posts is hardly ever a good idea.
And anyway flashing a drive with a higher firmware it’s pretty much common practice these days, with every brand.

Wether or not it will be possible is way too early to tell, we’re still figuring out if a 401s can be safely upgraded to a 411s

With my experience … its is not atleast not with some sort of modification to the firmware or eeprom

i think it is good to do it for their legal issues…
maybe not the information taken away… should be okay to discuss
but the files and means to do it should not be put there and put them in a bad position

With my experience … its is not atleast not with some sort of modification to the firmware or eeprom

…with your experience, o.k.

With my experience it’s possible and everythings working fine. Just acknowledge that not all 401s are the same.
There is no general bottomline like “Don’t upgrade, it never works”.
I would just backup first and try.

I agree with peroni on the deletion of posts. What did you expect? They were discussing this topic for months in the forums - and now after the 411s is out everybody should shut up?!

hmm…

well i guess that is why they are moderators its is upto them what goes and what does not!

:slight_smile:

Just keep in mind thet LiteOn reads this too, and the more it’s dicussed, the more determined they will be to stop it.
Actually, a 411 to 811 flash is not “illegal”, so they probably won’t get too excited about it. Of course it may be a new chipset anyway, so no flash will be possible.

Then it wouldn’t be much of a discussion forum now would it? :slight_smile:

you know what i meant… delete the ones linking to files and such that liteon does not want people to have… like the 401s to 411s

:stuck_out_tongue: