LiteOn LDW-411S drive - is it really available now?

vbimport

Hi there,

A CDFreaks news article says that “Lite-On LDW-411S dual 4x DVD recorder is available”. Is this drive really available for purchase now, or is the writer of the article just guessing?

I reckon Australia is likely to get it early, as we always seem to get LiteOn stuff early.

Nev

I don’t think that it is for sale to the public yet. I’m not sure what websites said that it was available…

Odd that CDFreaks would post heresay or conjecture. Not very like them.

As for us Aussies, yes, we seem to be blessed with a healthy flow of liteon drives as soon as they are in the free world normally.

More than likely something to do with out doorstep being Asia. TW is only a hop skip and a jump away really!

Suits me just fine :bigsmile:

:stuck_out_tongue:
Lucky guys! Here in not-too-far-away India, things are improving too, at least availability wise.Price-wise… HAH! Stupid government imposes 40% tax on DVD-writers and NO tax on CD-writers. WTF!!! As a result, LDW-401S costs 12,000 rupees here, =250$ US, whereas it’s half the price in the US (131$ at Newegg).

Dumbasses.

It’s out there right now:
Lite-On press release
Specs

Happy hunting:p

Good eye, I’m anxious to see what price the drive ends up being introduced at. I bet it’ll be about the same as what the 401S was introduced as (around $150 online).

…Interesting…:cool:

:slight_smile: I have found one site that has this drive advertised for €162.50 (which makes it about the £120+P&P mark)

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:M9wM5_QyJ0oJ:www.web-winkel.nl/producten.php%3Fprodcat%3DGegevens+uk%2Bldw-411s&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Anyone else found a UK site?

Even though it’s listed there, dont get your hopes up. There have been a few ‘false alarms’ on this drive’s availability.

Ive heard a couple of people say that the drive will be available mid October. I’m hoping earlier.

It’s a pity that they are so late on this drive … I heard that Pioneer has announced that they will be releasing an 8x +R / 8x -R drive.

Originally posted by rcacraman
[B]:slight_smile: I have found one site that has this drive advertised for €162.50 (which makes it about the £120+P&P mark)

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:M9wM5_QyJ0oJ:www.web-winkel.nl/producten.php%3Fprodcat%3DGegevens+uk%2Bldw-411s&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Anyone else found a UK site? [/B]

I know this store. They do not have most of the products advertized on their site. Allmost everything is special order. Just to be sure I checked up on the -411s, but you can guess the result.
You might want to take a look at this one though:
Speer Data DVD Brenner (rebadged -411s)

Originally posted by NevOz
[B]Even though it’s listed there, dont get your hopes up. There have been a few ‘false alarms’ on this drive’s availability.

Ive heard a couple of people say that the drive will be available mid October. I’m hoping earlier.

It’s a pity that they are so late on this drive … I heard that Pioneer has announced that they will be releasing an 8x +R / 8x -R drive. [/B]

Drive LDW-411S is available now, about $295 in Australia, at least from us anyway :wink:

Cheers
Cezar Trifoi
www.engit.com.au

Are you saying that you have this drive in stock?

Are you saying that you have this drive in stock?

All gone now, getting some more on Tuesday, but you pretty much have to reserve one to guarantee you get it :wink:

I’m sure there are some other guys in Adelaide/Australia that have some in stock right now, but they might just charge a bit more

Have you honestly had any in stock yet? I have a hard time believing that they would sell out without you even listing them on your products page. Also, I know of others who should have received them if you have.

Originally posted by dhc014
Have you honestly had any in stock yet? I have a hard time believing that they would sell out without you even listing them on your products page. Also, I know of others who should have received them if you have.

Absolutely, the LiteOn Disti here in Australia has stock, so anyone in Australia sould be able to buy one

We rec. some yesterday and all are gone (only got 5 though), and since I was out most of the day, I did not get a chance to get a bios Image, can’t wait till Tuesday :wink:

The 401 are cheaper, only $249… mmmmm… much better :wink:

Here is an email I just rec. I’ve xxxxx out the Email address

Hi Cezar,

We do have stock.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, 3 October 2003 2:16 PM
To: woodyl@xxxxxx.com.au
Subject: availability

LDW-411S
4XDVD±R/RW,12XDVD-READ,40XCD-R,24XCD-RW,DVD DUAL,SONIC SW

Regards
Cezar Trifoi
cezar@engit.com.au

Engineering I.T. Pty Ltd
Ph: +61 08 8362 9500
Fax: +61 08 8362 9988

Well I’m very glad to hear that. Your region is lucky to get them so early!

If you do end up getting one and playing with it, feel free to contact me. Basically, I’d like to know if LtnFlash is able to backup the firmware, flash the drive, and read/write the EEPROM data. Testing the drive with mtkflash 1.80 in DOS would also be nice.

Cezar is telling the truth.

I called another local PC supplier here in South Australia and he has them in stock for a bit more than Cezar charges.

Once again, Aussies get the LiteOn drives first! :wink:

Nev

[B]Cezar is telling the truth.

I called another local PC supplier here in South Australia and he has them in stock for a bit more than Cezar charges.

Once again, Aussies get the LiteOn drives first! :wink:

Nev [/B]

You should really be thanking the Disti. they have a great working relationship with LiteOn

As an example
We needed 50x slimline/Laptop DVD drives, which are not normally sold in Australia, guess what! we got them :slight_smile:

Now if only I could get LiteOn to add two more mounting holes on their drives and we could sell 500 more (oh well, we’ll see how thing pan out)

Just saw it on their home page. just a matter of time till some good person extracts the firmwareand makes it available

http://www.cws.net.au/liteon/ldw411s.html

Yep, it’s up.