Liteon LDW-401s works with Nero or not?

Hi,

I bought two weeks ago this DVD recorder but it seems that there are too many problems with Nero 6.0.0.19.
It happens very often that if I try to burn a dvd, Nero says that the burn process is OK, but when it verifies the whole disk, near to 98-99% Nero displays a verify error.
Some dvd’s were burnt successfully (verify, too), but in most of them there is a verify error (always near to 98%).
I tried to use Nero 5.5.10.54 but the problem is always the same.
So, what is the best DVD burn software to use with the 401s?
Thanx! :wink:

Nero 6.0.0.19 works find with your drive. This looks more like your drive does not like the media you are using. What media do you use at what speed ?
What is the drives firmware revision ?

If you are having problems try Ricoh media(Fugi’s), also do a search for Gamefreaks NRC in the cdfreaks forums.

Hi Silvio72, and welcome to the forum. I second the motion for better media. Ricoh is working very well here, either the older Fuji DVD+R/RW or the newer Memorex 4x.

Originally posted by ala42
Nero 6.0.0.19 works find with your drive. This looks more like your drive does not like the media you are using. What media do you use at what speed ?
What is the drives firmware revision ?

Hi,

the drive’s firmware is the last available on the Liteon’s site: ES0G.
I have used 'till now PHILIPS and TDK media at the certified speed of 2,4x.
Both media have the same ID:

Unique Disc Identifier : [RICOHJPN-R00-01+R]

Disc Type : [DVD+R]
Manufacturer ID : [RICOHJPN]
Media Type ID : [R00]
Product Revision : [01]
Disc Application Code : [General Purpose]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x]

[DVD Plus Identifier - http://DvdPlusID.CdFreaks.com]

I once saw that nero obviously ‘corrected’ single bytes in the .ifo and .bup files of a DVD-Video and reported verify errors in these files. All vob files were identical and the disk played fine.

i use IMGtool burn and it works great for video… but i still use nero for data

http://www.coujo.de/index.php

Ahead has got a list of supported recorders on it’s site. It read as follows:

DVDRW LDW-401 IDE/ATAPI 2/4xDVD-R/RW, 1/2.4/4xDVD+R/RW - - x 5.5.10.12+

So the 401S is definetely supported which is according to my experience :smiley:

I have Nero6 with the latest revision and it works great for me. The only media I have used thus far is Maxell DVD+R and DVD+RW in my LDW-401S. As far as CD-R and CD-RW, I have used God knows how many different types of media with no problems.

Hi everybody,

I discovered the same problems like Silvio72 discribed.
Burning 4x speed DVD+R’s (always manufacturer: Ricoh)
I also receive almost always verify errors, using Nero 6.0.0.x. But the strange thing was that all files which are claimed to have errors do not seem to have any.
So I tried to burn the media with 2.4x. However,
the same result. I do also get many verify errors when burning CD-R’s.

BUT yesterday I tried a 3rd party program to compare the files on the DVD with those on the disk Nero claimed
to be ‘erroneous’.
Result: “No differences found” !!!
So it is most likely that the verification process offered by Nero seems to be deficient. Not the media nor the drive.