aint working
i tried uninstall, reinstall the device
aint working
i use the burner to burn some dvd data cd before
it just like suddenly disappeared in my computer
what do i do to fix this problem?
please help me out
thank you

Check your system Bios, see if it’s being detected, you can also look and see if it’s detected when system boots up, should show all your connected drives.

Check and make sure your IDE and Power cables are securely attached, make sure you have it set properly, rather it’s a master or slave drive.

If it’s showing in your hardware profile, delete it, shutdown, disconnect the cable and power, reboot, shutdown and reconnect.
Hopefully it’ll do a cold boot and detection and re-establish the drive connection & detection, if all the above fails, contact Lite-On support, drive could have possible died on you. I had a Lite-On branded 401S that crapped out on me in just under a month, manufacturing date was August 2003, bought it September 22, 2003, started burning coaster after coaster and locking my system up while burning. Always used the same name brand 4X DVD+R media (FujiFilm) and had never had any issues. Thought at first it might have been a HD/OS issue, but then I swapped it into another system and same problems.

I went and bought a new BusLink DVD+R and installed it, and looky here, but what do I find out in my System info, but my new BusLink is actually another Lite-On 401S manufactered in August 2003 with the original “E” firmware. So I updated and have had good luck so far, so I’m just praying my first one was a lemon, because they surely don’t want me to have another bad drive.
:eek:

I’m having a similar problem. Burning coaster after coaster and locking my system up

Not sure of my manufacture date, but that’s what I’m going to look up next.

LITE-ON DVD+RW LDW-401S [FW ES0G]

Originally posted by wbrooke
I had a Lite-On branded 401S that crapped out on me in just under a month, manufacturing date was August 2003, bought it September 22, 2003, started burning coaster after coaster and locking my system up while burning. Always used the same name brand 4X DVD+R media (FujiFilm) and had never had any issues. Thought at first it might have been a HD/OS issue, but then I swapped it into another system and same problems.

I went and bought a new BusLink DVD+R and installed it, and looky here, but what do I find out in my System info, but my new BusLink is actually another Lite-On 401S manufactered in August 2003 with the original “E” firmware. So I updated and have had good luck so far, so I’m just praying my first one was a lemon, because they surely don’t want me to have another bad drive.