Liteon issues detecting DL discs

vbimport

Hi guys…I just purchased a Liteon dh-20a4h, cause my external buggered on my last night :/.

Well for some reason, it wont detect any of my blank DL discs i have, but it hasnt no problems finding any of my single layer discs.

Im running Windows Vista Home prem, so im wondering if its down to that…I also did a fresh install of windows thinking that might of been the problem.

bump

Sounds like there might be something wrong with it, can you exchange it for a new one and see if that is the problem?

Lite-On has live on-line support as well as e-mail (navigate their website if you are not in the U.S.).

http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=185

Well for some reason, it wont detect any of my blank DL discs i have, but it hasnt no problems finding any of my single layer discs.

When you say it won’t detect, does that mean you can’t burn to it? Imgburn is a great program and works beautifully with DL media. Try burning using that program and report the results.

http://www.imgburn.com/

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2143727]Lite-On has live on-line support as well as e-mail (navigate their website if you are not in the U.S.).

http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=185

When you say it won’t detect, does that men you can’t burn to it? Imgburn is a great program and works beautifully with DL media. Try burning using that program and report the results.

http://www.imgburn.com/[/QUOTE]

When i insert a blank DL disc it tries to read it, but doesnt get anywhere…Ive tried Single layered discs and they read with no problems…Plus I have even tried other DL which i burnt on my old writer, and no problem at all in reading the data.

Btw the discs it wont read are Zero Defex

[QUOTE=RCM;2143722]Sounds like there might be something wrong with it, can you exchange it for a new one and see if that is the problem?[/QUOTE]

I’m gonna wait until I do some more testing before i decide to get it replaced…See its got no problem reading DL discs with data on, but dont have any other type of DL media until later on tday to see if its the discs.

The only DL media consistantly recommended on this forum is Verbatim. Any other brands are likely to be suspect and not worth considering. They are available at places like BestBuy or on-line at Newegg (and many other places).

[B]Try Verbatim DL and please report back with the results.[/B]

Ive just tried doing a burn with 1 of those Zero Defex discs, and i got this error message with imgburn

Failed to set L0 data zone capacity
Reason : Power calibration area error

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2143735]The only DL media consistantly recommended on this forum is Verbatim. Any other brands are likely to be suspect and not worth considering. They are available at places like BestBuy or on-line at Newegg (and many other places).

[B]Try Verbatim DL and please report back with the results.[/B][/QUOTE]

Ditto. :slight_smile: If the drive can’t even set the 1st layer data zone capacity properly, then the discs are crud, and you shouldn’t worry about trying to use them.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2143735]The only DL media consistantly recommended on this forum is Verbatim. Any other brands are likely to be suspect and not worth considering. They are available at places like BestBuy or on-line at Newegg (and many other places).

[B]Try Verbatim DL and please report back with the results.[/B][/QUOTE]

Thx buddy, and ya verbatim is a brand I always use in CDR…I’ll get a pack later and get back to ya.

[QUOTE=Albert;2143738]Ditto. :slight_smile: If the drive can’t even set the 1st layer data zone capacity properly, then the discs are crud, and you shouldn’t worry about trying to use them.[/QUOTE]

Ya…Thats why im gonna start buying my verbatims on DL from now on, since seen that error message i just saw.

Hi guys just an update…

I went out and bought a pack of Verbatim and a pack of Aone Plus DL discs…Upto now both packs i have had no failures.

Thx guys for the help you gave me…Was much appreciated.