Liteon is beaten I give up!

For the last 10 days or more I have been unsuccesful in making a 1:1 copy of die hard nakatomi plaza a securom new copy protected game. I have copied 100s of discs successfully with my liteon 24103s before with my usual seetings for securom>>>>>
tick read sub data
tick read sub audio
write dao raw
close session
tick burn proof
tried numerous speeds read /write
tried tick dont repair sub data
tried different media
tried clone 3.3.4.1
tried clone 4 and above
EVEN tried clone 2.8.4.3 which doesnt have hide cdrw media which in some forums says has a bug so taking this out of equation!!
tried firmware upgrade xb03 >> to xb04
The irony is with the same basic securom settings for clone using my 2 year old HP9300 game copies and runs fine any drive cdrom dvd or cdrw drive.
CONCLUSION the LITEON CANNOT COPY THIS TYPE OF SECUROM!!
YES I know liteons do copy securom new and old I have copied
them numerous times before on other titles but not this one???

I sucessfully copied AVP2 today which is SecuRom new, however Hide CDR media had to be off for my backup to work. I have a Liteon 24102B with the new 5S5A firmware. This doesnt seem to be your problem though.

I have copied Diablo 2 expansion which is securom new onto a postech/mr.platinum 10X CD-RW disc, result (I have the latest game patch):

Backup works in all devices when copied with CloneCD, but hide CD-R media must always be off!!! Strange, backup works without hide CD-R media in CD-RW drives but will not work when Hide CD-R media is enabled.

And when copied by CD-Mate: Backup works on all devices, but Hide CD-R media must be enabled when playing from CD-RW drives!!! Just as the logical tells me it should be.

Conclusion: CD-Mate and CloneCD gives different results.

I’ve asked Olli about this issue but he did not reply/answer so I don’t know why CloneCD works strangely.

Tried CD-Mate btw?

yes tried cd mate and blindread blind write no go!!!
oli got any ideas Im stuck?

try everything unchecked but close last session in writing:bow:

I think this should answer your questions regarding Securom and Liteon, atleast for now !

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47372

Sheepfriend
Elby Tester

SecuROM new & CloneCD & LiteON
Yes, the “hide CDR media” funktion in CloneCD 4.0.1.3 works not so good together with LiteOn (and other) writers.
To get backup game working, you have to DISABLE “hide CDR media” in the tray menu.
This little bug have been fixed in the soon comming version 4.0.1.4.

Regards, sven
(a.k.a. Sheepfriend
Elby Tester)

I’m in a similar position as you, I tried to backup GTA3 and my LiteOn fails to do it. Used the SD2 settings in CDMate and also the SD2 settings in CloneCD, no luck!!

I got worried as the discs my LiteOn were creating had three seperate rings on them and failed to install or play (audio). I eventually flashed my firmware back and now seem to have an even burn.

chrome:confused:

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]I have copied Diablo 2 expansion which is securom new onto a postech/mr.platinum 10X CD-RW disc, result (I have the latest game patch):

Backup works in all devices when copied with CloneCD, but hide CD-R media must always be off!!! Strange, backup works without hide CD-R media in CD-RW drives but will not work when Hide CD-R media is enabled.

And when copied by CD-Mate: Backup works on all devices, but Hide CD-R media must be enabled when playing from CD-RW drives!!! Just as the logical tells me it should be.

Conclusion: CD-Mate and CloneCD gives different results.

I’ve asked Olli about this issue but he did not reply/answer so I don’t know why CloneCD works strangely.

Tried CD-Mate btw? [/B]

Your results are the same as mine. Btw blindsuite is the same as cdmate. Hide cd media must be on for securerom new back-up to work. Same if you use fireburner to burn a blindread image made with subs. Nero with full raw read with subs and burn dao96 doesn’t work at all.

Conclusion: The clonecd back-up is best. Even if not perfect, you don’t need a tsr to play the game.

What I would like to know is how people who have similar burners are managing to make successful backups of these games?

By the way was a ‘tsr’? A patch? Crack?

chrome :0)

Originally posted by chrome307
[B]What I would like to know is how people who have similar burners are managing to make successful backups of these games?

By the way was a ‘tsr’? A patch? Crack?

chrome :0) [/B]

A tsr is a terminate and stay resident (in memory) program which is exactly what hide cd media is. If you close the clone cd tray icon without first disabling hide cd media, it will still be active.

As for making a successful back-up with a recent model Litey, just use the default gamecd profiles in clonecd 4 for both reading and writing. The back-up will work so long as hide cd media is disabled.

:bow:

I have a ltr 16102b unit and the latest clone cd version , i havent changed any settings since installing clone cd , just choose game and let it figure itself out .

Diablo 2 took a while too read , and burned at 22 x speed , and it works just like the original with no problems .

why so many people want too play around with the settings in clone cd has me stuffed , leave it alone …

Try the new clonecd version 4.0.1.6 if some have problems. It may fix the problems!!

Originally posted by burncrazy
[B]:bow:

I have a ltr 16102b unit and the latest clone cd version , i havent changed any settings since installing clone cd , just choose game and let it figure itself out .

Diablo 2 took a while too read , and burned at 22 x speed , and it works just like the original with no problems .

why so many people want too play around with the settings in clone cd has me stuffed , leave it alone … [/B]

totally off-topic and even a silly question, but:

you burned at 22x speed with the 16102b. that can’t be o/c’ed?

:bigsmile:

LOL, nice pick up.